Apparel change?

Dansker

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I could care less about apparel change, I am more interested in character change. Can we get that? 

You don't think money drives CFB? Brand, apparel lines that attract specific recruits? Adidas is going to go the way of Riddell. This school needs to get rid of Adidas if they want to compete with the rest of CFB. That's the name of the game today.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

in my humble opinion, our success was due to the confluence of many things. mostly, we had a vision and implemented it and did things that nobody else did, right place, right time. facilities, strength and conditioning, coached to our strengths...strength, nutrition and an emphasis on a massive walk-on effort. we were doing that before anyone else and won a bunch of titles because we "won the race" we were first. recruiting changes, scholarship limitations and the "arms race" for facilities all caught up to us and so did other programs. We didn't keep up. Now we have to play catch-up in the new era. it's evolving and we are devolving. that's what I think anyway

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

14 hours ago, WWG1_we_GBR said:

Umm. Nike can't fix this dumpster fire. all the flashy uniforms and uni combos in the world (see, eg. Oregon) won't make a difference. Not the problem.

Oregon is a pretty terrible example since the Nike money and attention is a massive part of their status as a top brand now.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

We are NEVER walking away from our apparel contract with Adidas. EVER. Anyone suggesting we should or would has never looked at it. Please stop.

No facts? Here's one, no Adidas school has come close to a NC in over 24 years. Nike has dominated the CFB landscape. If you can't beat em, join em.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, desertshox said:

simplest way to put it, addidas treats nebraska like royalty whereas moving to nike nebraska would be mere commoners.

Do you know that for a fact? Seems like NIKE treats schools with royalty. Seems like NIKE schools win championships. Seems like NIKE schools bring in better student athletes. I can go on and on.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Dansker said:

Do you know that for a fact? Seems like NIKE treats schools with royalty. Seems like NIKE schools win championships. Seems like NIKE schools bring in better student athletes. I can go on and on.

Like 5 schools have won the last 10 or so NC's.  It has to do with coaching and players less to do with what they are wearing.  If you happen to sign the best schools in the best conferences your odds of clothing a National Champion go up.    

• Plus1 2