5 minutes ago, Dansker said:

They switched to Air Jordan for the 2016, season no? They finished:

4th in recruiting 2016

4th in 2017

10th in 2019

11th in 2020

10th in 2021

9th in 2022

You think Michael Jordan calling up Jim Harbaugh to make a deal with Air Jordan didn't boost their recruiting? Where's Nebraska been out of these years? Bottom dweller, losing program for 6 years now. That's more than the length of an entire recruiting cycle. 

So it's been going down since they switched to Jordan.  Interesting.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

So it's been going down since they switched to Jordan.  Interesting.

Please. We would kill to have those rankings. And all those 5 stars. Not gonna happen with adidas. Even Michigan thought ahead. Tennessee. Not many "Blueblood" programs have adidas anymore. Once again, Nebraska is being left behind and living in the past.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Dansker said:

Please. We would kill to have those rankings. And all those 5 stars. Not gonna happen with adidas. Even Michigan thought ahead. Tennessee. Not many "Blueblood" programs have adidas anymore. Once again, Nebraska is being left behind and living in the past.

Michigan had top-ten recruiting classes while they were an Adidas school. The label on the jersey didn't matter. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Michigan had top-ten recruiting classes while they were an Adidas school. The label on the jersey didn't matter. 

It will this Saturday of course when you think about all the star athletes they've been able to go out and recruit over the last 4 years. I would take every competitive advantage we can get. One thing young 17-18 year old kids care about more than us old farts is what they wear. Especially when it comes to student athletes.

3 hours ago, Dansker said:

They switched to Air Jordan for the 2016, season no? They finished:

4th in recruiting 2016

4th in 2017

10th in 2019

11th in 2020

10th in 2021

9th in 2022

You think Michael Jordan calling up Jim Harbaugh to make a deal with Air Jordan didn't boost their recruiting? Where's Nebraska been out of these years? Bottom dweller, losing program for 6 years now. That's more than the length of an entire recruiting cycle. 

What shoes was Michigan wearing in 2018 that their rank dropped to 24th?

6 hours ago, Dansker said:

No facts? Here's one, no Adidas school has come close to a NC in over 24 years. Nike has dominated the CFB landscape. If you can't beat em, join em.

Want facts? Ok.I will just restate what I said the last time this silly idea was put out here.

Why would Nebraska one of the winningest programs and biggest fanbases in the country switch from Adidas where we are given tier 1 AAA status to go join the rest of the morons who are wearing cheap ugly Nike gear made by poor sweatshop workers? When no matter how big your fanbase is or how much you win and how many titles you have are always going to be second status to an Oregon program that has litterally never done a single legitimately impressive or noteworthy thing in the history of the sport.

Expecially when Nebraska has the best contract of anyone nationally not named Oregon. Based on the last articles I can find we have the 2nd best active Adidas contract behind Louisville and the 2nd best deal in the Big Ten behind Ohio States Nike deal. I dont know if those are current but I do know we're near the top of whatever the current numbers are. Because what Nebraska has that makes our deal better than any program in the entire country and why there's not a chance in hell we are walking away from it is that Nebraska has a favored nation's clause with Adidas. Noone else has one. Basically Nebraska can review the deal at certain points and if Adidas doesn't have Nebraska's deal in the same range as its other top deals Nebraska can give Adidas the opportunity to adjust Nebraska's deal to be in that range and they are legally required to make a good faith offer in that range. If they don't or Nebraska just doesn't like the deal Nebraska can simply terminate the deal. Meaning that while other schools are stuck in their contract no matter what deals are made after it is signed for the length of the deal, Nebraska is guaranteed to always be among the top few biggest deals. Guaranteed and this clause can't be revoked even under new contract language as long as Nebraska doesn't sign elsewhere.

Nebraska also serves host to the Adidas OL DL pipeline camp where Adidas brings in and hosts the top senior and juco players in the country in Lincoln for Nebraska to evaluate and basically get a free visit for a bunch of top linemen to come see campus, see the facilities and meet the coaches that doesn't count as their official visit to Nebraska.

There's no chance at all that Nebraska is giving that deal up. Likely ever. As I said, please stop this nonsense. It gets brought up at least three times a year and it's always going to be the same answer. It only takes one look at what Nebraska's contract has to understand that it's pointless to even think about changing a thing. It's not happening.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Nebraska also serves host to the Adidas OL DL pipeline camp where Adidas brings in and hosts the top senior and juco players in the country in Lincoln for Nebraska to evaluate and basically get a free visit for a bunch of top linemen to come see campus, see the facilities and meet the coaches that doesn't count as their official visit to Nebraska.

Well we have not seemed to reap these benefits as the lines on both sides of the ball is where we have played poorly in this downturn. Win the LOS and win the game and we have not done that.

That being said I do like Adidas. IMO they make the best shoes/cleats of the big 3.  I think Under Armour does uniforms and apparel better.  Adidas needs to improve the uni’s, notice how our guys numbers are always bunched up?  I used to wear a lot of Nike but their stuff has gone downhill. Adidas has them beat in shoes/cleats and Under Armour has them in apparel. Nike is meh these days.

Am I the only one who thinks the Jordan basketball logo on a football uniform looks stupid?  I think some of those uni’s look good but the logo throws me off. Sure I get it’s a cool brand but it’s a football uniform. How about watching Kansas basketball and seeing the Super Bowl trophy plastered on there or an Under Armour fishing brand logo with the hooks and all? :lol: