Minnesota Week Pressers

Mavric

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Where is the poster who has said the "preparedness" of the team has improved under Mickey?  If Purdy couldn't practice, and gets limited reps to begin with, why is he still 2nd string?

Whip's guy and he felt Smothers couldn't pass well enough. Little does he know Purdy is only good at scrambling. I hope Logan is the guy this week unless CT is ready. 

• Plus1 2

OK, Casey goes down.  They put in Smothers.  He didn't pass great, but at least he has some running ability.  They then go to Purdy after half.  Purdy absolutely stunk it up.....and they didn't go back to Smothers....knowing Purdy was injured?

So frustrating.  Did they think that all of a sudden on Purdy's third attempt at a drive he was going to become a great passer?

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

.... when the offensive staff is making the defensive staff look competent....

I know the offense (and whole team) is dealing with injuries and lack of depth, but other than hitting Palmer on a bunch of deep passes against Purdue, the offense has been pretty average/bad in conference play.  I know the offensive line completely sucks, and it's hard to do anything in that situation, but the rest of the position groups haven't been great either.

QB's - Casey has been inconsistent and has been much like Texas fans thought he was.  The backup QB's have been a complete mess.  Purdy is not good, and Whip doesn't know how to use Smothers.

RB's - Grant has shown glimpses, but he hasn't gotten enough touches and people who warned that his dancing will cost him yards against better defenses have turned out to be correct.  Allen's injury has cost this room depth, but I don't get why Yant is where he is on the depth chart.

WR's - Other than Palmer, this position group has had a lot of inconsistency, including some drops

TE's - honestly one of the best performing groups, considering it's 2 walk-ons behind Vokolek.  The lack of quality talent and developing scholarship guys has hurt this group though.

• Plus1 1