Stadium Environment

HANC

I'd like to talk about the game with my dad and the people around us during timeouts. Share stats, discuss plays, all that. But those announcements are turned up SO LOUD, especially the in-stadium commercials, that you can barely hear the person next to you.

They try too hard to control the atmosphere and there's almost no down time in the stands. 

On 11/1/2022 at 1:51 PM, Hagg said:

Well, that generation thing has always made me think of what I see when I look down the rows in front of me, over my shoulder at those further up, to my left and right, across the field to the other side, and year in and year out through the decades and I see at least three different generations of humans in that stadium every game day, sometimes four, and yes sometimes five (yes, toddler Husker fans, we see you and your parents or grandparents strangling.. I mean dealing with you).  Kidding aside my point is that all age groups are there in droves and it's been that way since the crowds stopped being all males wearing straw hats and all of the photos and film of them were in monochrome. 

Now there are fans in the student section with bottles of Schnapps in their back pockets and paint on their faces who were just a glint in their daddies eye when we were last relevant.  Their behavior?  Well, we're pretty close to that section and the only changes I've noticed is the language and the "music" they listen to, otherwise it's the same loud, funny, farty, girl-grabby, drunky, cussy guys and gals we've always seen (hairdos notwithstanding).  That's just one generation and that's their "normal." 

The rest in the Stadium.. I wonder about and I hope it's just about what knappic said up there regarding the product on the field.  I hope it's not deeper than that.

During Big Red Reaction yesterday there were at least two callers that addressed fan participation. Some of that can be attributed to being distracted from the game and what’s going on around people due to cellphone use. 

Maybe the program could incorporate use of an App that engages the fans more and redirects attention…Lol

1 hour ago, M.A. said:

Maybe the program could incorporate use of an App that engages the fans more and redirects attention…Lol

"Find the Pokeman". Students have to use their phone on each play and watch the game through their screen and each play one of the players digitizes as a Pokeman..you get a point for each one you find and can be redeemed for things like.

5 minutes in a licensed safe space.

.25 credit towards a degree of your choice.

A recording of the game that has Kardashian filters on.

1 voucher to be given to HR that says "I shouldn't have to go to work today therfore I get today off."

• Fire 1

15 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

"Find the Pokeman". Students have to use their phone on each play and watch the game through their screen and each play one of the players digitizes as a Pokeman..you get a point for each one you find and can be redeemed for things like.

5 minutes in a licensed safe space.

.25 credit towards a degree of your choice.

A recording of the game that has Kardashian filters on.

1 voucher to be given to HR that says "I shouldn't have to go to work today therfore I get today off."

That's pretty funny. I sort of like it. Not sure about the rewards. Lol I was thinking about incorporating something where "clues" are found within the game. At halftime and a second time following the game there are questions that can be answered by observing the game. There could be Husker historical things involving games and players. 

Seriously, I think cellphones are a real distraction. Not just with students. I'm a proponent of doing one thing at a time when something of significance is taking place (Like a game). Driving, work, ETC. You get the idea. 

People wonder why mental health is so much more prominent then years and years ago. Some say it's because it's more socially acceptable to talk about. I can get that. I really think the explosion in tech and the fact that you can have whatever you want a Google away has led to people taking in info at a rate where the biological rate of the brain is not currently equipped to handle that much self searched stimuli. I am sad, I can find sad s#!t to reinforce my mood. I am happy, I can find happy s#!t to reinforce...people have lost the ability to self regulate (natural process) anymore. 

Talk of cellphones and finding ways to engage people led me to this tangent. Lol.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, UniversalMartin said:

People wonder why mental health is so much more prominent then years and years ago. Some say it's because it's more socially acceptable to talk about. I can get that. I really think the explosion in tech and the fact that you can have whatever you want a Google away has led to people taking in info at a rate where the biological rate of the brain is not currently equipped to handle that much self searched stimuli. I am sad, I can find sad s#!t to reinforce my mood. I am happy, I can find happy s#!t to reinforce...people have lost the ability to self regulate (natural process) anymore. 

Talk of cellphones and finding ways to engage people led me to this tangent. Lol.

I've heard if you say Boomer 3 times, one shows up to give a lecture. ;)

• Plus1 1