Vol fan here. Hope your program gets back on track soon!

TNVol89

Greetings, Husker fans! Vol fan here, but I’ve been watching your team for the past few years, as well, hoping for both of us to return to relevancy.

Our programs are very similar in that we both have dedicated and longsuffering fanbases who have patiently awaited the return to glory of former years. 

Tennessee is finally back, and I hope that, with your upcoming new coach, your team will soon be, too. 

Just two years ago, UT finished 3-7, fired our coach, and lost 30 players to the transfer portal. Our rivals were out-recruiting us all around, and we were playing with talent below our main conference opponents. But now, we are in the running for the playoff. 

If Tennessee can do it, Nebraska can too. 

I, for one, plan to be at the Vols-Huskers games in ‘26 & ‘27, and I hope those will be battles of two elite teams.

Go Big Orange!

Go Big Red! 
E19FD1BF-E277-4168-995E-38518EFD2B9B.thumb.jpeg.c993fa7e0b8ff7cf8a8a868bd9ce08ca.jpeg

• Plus1 9

2 minutes ago, TNVol89 said:

Greetings, Husker fans! Vol fan here, but I’ve been watching your team for the past few years, as well, hoping for both of us to return to relevancy.

Our programs are very similar in that we both have dedicated and longsuffering fanbases who have patiently awaited the return to glory of former years. 

Tennessee is finally back, and I hope that, with your upcoming new coach, your team will soon be, too. 

Just two years ago, UT finished 3-7, fired our coach, and lost 30 players to the transfer portal. Our rivals were out-recruiting us all around, and we were playing with talent below our main conference opponents. But now, we are in the running for the playoff. 

If Tennessee can do it, Nebraska can too. 

I, for one, plan to be at the Vols-Huskers games in ‘26 & ‘27, and I hope those will be battles of two elite teams.

Go Big Orange!

Go Big Red! 
E19FD1BF-E277-4168-995E-38518EFD2B9B.thumb.jpeg.c993fa7e0b8ff7cf8a8a868bd9ce08ca.jpeg

Thanks for the encouraging words.  I think we all need to hear them.   Yes ever since the 1997 season (Frost win over Payton & NC) and your 1998 championship both teams have had some rough times to say the least.  We went wrong when Frank Solich was prematurely fired.  Hard to be a coach that follows a legend.  

Since Neb won't be sniffing the playoffs, I hope you all do well and perhaps soon we can meet again in a game that really matters.

• Fire 1