I’m so sad and disappointed right now, I actually feel like crying.

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/mckewon-making-sense-of-the-sudden-jolt-in-trev-alberts-quiet-coaching-search/article_36782da6-5bd8-11ed-98fe-23f93c0ee88a.html

By early Thursday evening, Football Scoop, a well-connected clearinghouse for college coaching news, packed four names — current interim coach Mickey Joseph, Army coach Jeff Monken, Matt Rhule and Gary Patterson — into a vague report about Nebraska Athletic Director Trev Alberts’ search for a coach.

If these are our four options, them I’m OUT. For good this time. These four people will not be successful here. If one of these four people are given the job, we will be going through this same process 3-4 years from now and Trev will be looking for his next gig at South Dakota or Buffalo. These four options are utterly unacceptable…ugh. 

Time for me to get drunk and cry now.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 6
  • Oh Yeah! 1

5 minutes ago, HANC said:

For conversation place, may I ask "who" you want (realistically).... Prime and Urban are pipe dreams.... I am not arguing with you, just would like to see your opinion, before you get drunk...ha

I could name 20, but here are a few for starters: Aranda, O’Brien, Beliema, Meyer (yes, we’d have a shot), and Fleck. We could get any of these guys if we were willing to pay up.

• Haha 2

That’s understandable if you were to. I’ve felt similar sentiments…

I’d caution however that this is the latest round of names speculated upon. Trev said that he’d be speaking with many different coaches as part of the search. 

We won’t know until the process concludes and the coach is officially determined.

• Plus1 1

1. These are 4 names among dozens that have been bandied about for the last two months, without ever getting any actual verification from any reliable source. No need to read too much into this.

2. Out of everything Husker fans have been through, this article is what makes you feel like crying? Good god, man.

3. We did not need another godd@mn separate thread about the muckerfuthing coaching search!

5 minutes ago, M.A. said:

That’s understandable if you were to. I’ve felt similar sentiments…

I’d caution however that this is the latest round of names speculated upon. Trev said that he’d be speaking with many different coaches as part of the search. 

We won’t know until the process concludes and the coach is officially determined.

Maybe Trev already spoke with a bunch of different coaches... maybe those four were the only one's showing true interest; while the other names said "I'll get back to 'ya"

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1