I’m so sad and disappointed right now, I actually feel like crying.

12 minutes ago, Spacer said:

Maybe Trev already spoke with a bunch of different coaches... maybe those four were the only one's showing true interest; while the other names said "I'll get back to 'ya"

^^^^^^ Highly likely.

• Plus1 1

I love how some people throw in the towel with first of all, rumors. 

I remember how many thought Scott Frost was the savior, the answer, the person to bring back Nebraska to Glory.  

All of us (me included) were DEAD wrong.  XHCSF was a disaster of epic proportions.  AND then we held on to him an extra year.

I think any of these 4 supposed names are a vast improvement over what we had.  I for one will support the HC choice.  It isn't my choice.  It isn't your choice, but it is the University's choice.  Like in the past ALL will be judged by the choice.

If you feel the need to leave, then so be it, you were a fan of a choice and not the University, but do me a favor.

If the next hire is a great choice, please don't drag your sorry self back.  We don't want you.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
41 minutes ago, The Whale said:

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/mckewon-making-sense-of-the-sudden-jolt-in-trev-alberts-quiet-coaching-search/article_36782da6-5bd8-11ed-98fe-23f93c0ee88a.html

By early Thursday evening, Football Scoop, a well-connected clearinghouse for college coaching news, packed four names — current interim coach Mickey Joseph, Army coach Jeff Monken, Matt Rhule and Gary Patterson — into a vague report about Nebraska Athletic Director Trev Alberts’ search for a coach.

If these are our four options, them I’m OUT. For good this time. These four people will not be successful here. If one of these four people are given the job, we will be going through this same process 3-4 years from now and Trev will be looking for his next gig at South Dakota or Buffalo. These four options are utterly unacceptable…ugh. 

Time for me to get drunk and cry now.

Weren’t you the same person saying Urban Meyer had like an 80% chance of being our next coach?  Not sure if that was a joke, but get ahold of yourself.  For your sake and ours….

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Ulty said:

1. These are 4 names among dozens that have been bandied about for the last two months, without ever getting any actual verification from any reliable source. No need to read too much into this.

2. Out of everything Husker fans have been through, this article is what makes you feel like crying? Good god, man.

3. We did not need another godd@mn separate thread about the muckerfuthing coaching search!

The search is clearly winding down. And then this info got leaked and reported (probably on purpose as a trial balloon). And yes, this article make me want to weep because it shows me that this 20-year nightmare isn’t likely to end any time soon.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

Weren’t you the same person saying Urban Meyer had like an 80% chance of being our next coach?  Not sure if that was a joke, but get ahold of yourself.  For your sake and ours….

We must not have been willing to meet his salary ask.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Similar conversations are happening in the primary HC Search thread.  Should this thread be merged?

No.

1 minute ago, BoSolich said:

i don't know how any of those 4 names will get people to shell out thousands for season tickets unless the fans here just have nothing better to do.

Good take. They won’t.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, The Whale said:

I could name 20, but here are a few for starters: Aranda, O’Brien, Beliema, Meyer (yes, we’d have a shot), and Fleck. We could get any of these guys if we were willing to pay up.

I too would prefer a few names on your list over the initial 4 that are rumored.  But, I also would have those guys in my top 20?  I will also say that I am not sure we can "get anyone we want"....that ship sailed about the year 2000.  Money is not the issue for some of these guys.  Prime Time is not hurting for $$, just like Urban is not eating beans either.  I also am not sure I want a coach here ONLY because we offered him a large amount of money.  That guy could easily just go through the motions and cash a check, and at the end of the day walk away with a big fat buyout.  How about a guy who WANTS to be here !!!

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I love how some people throw in the towel with first of all, rumors. 

I remember how many thought Scott Frost was the savior, the answer, the person to bring back Nebraska to Glory.  

All of us (me included) were DEAD wrong.  XHCSF was a disaster of epic proportions.  AND then we held on to him an extra year.

I think any of these 4 supposed names are a vast improvement over what we had.  I for one will support the HC choice.  It isn't my choice.  It isn't your choice, but it is the University's choice.  Like in the past ALL will be judged by the choice.

If you feel the need to leave, then so be it, you were a fan of a choice and not the University, but do me a favor.

If the next hire is a great choice, please don't drag your sorry self back.  We don't want you.

Not all were in favor of the previous coach being hired. Some were highly criticized for being opposed to the hiring.

All said, I think that Trev is being incredibly thorough and doing everything in his power to get us the best coaching option possible. 

• Plus1 1