### The Minnesota Game Thread ###

knapplc

1 minute ago, Sker fer life said:

No biggie, all we have to do now is beat Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa to go bowling. :bang

A bowl went out the window in Dublin my friend.  Only question left was if we'd win 4 this year instead of 3.

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Uh... Are you kidding me? Purdue should have been picked off like 3 times today.

They were.  Iowa beat em handily.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm over Whip. He needs to go. It was obvious to anyone watching that Purdy was going to throw a pick if he continued to play. That can not happen in a game like this. And how is it in two back-to-back winnable games you come out swinging and doing great things then just fall of a f#&%in cliff?

Smothers looked better in every throw this game than Purdy did in all his game time so far this season. Purdy needs to go too. He's not good at all. I still don't know what anyone saw in his FSU game film. I bit my tongue because a lot of people are smarter than me, but he looks just like his garbage film down south.

100% agree

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I think Trev Alberts should resign after this embarrassment and forcing Whipple on us. AG 80 yards first quarter....lets knock that off.

It’s actually inexcusable. The first two drives were great then in true husker fashion for the past 2 decades it’s like ok now that we know what works,  let’s shelve it and try and be cute and flashy and try and get highlight reels. f#&%ing bush league coaching 

Just now, Scofrosghost said:

It’s actually inexcusable. The first two drives were great then in true husker fashion for the past 2 decades it’s like ok now that we know what works,  let’s shelve it and try and be cute and flashy and try and get highlight reels. f#&%ing bush league coaching 

Agree that Whipple has not been good, but how is this Trev’s fault? He didn’t hire Whipple. 

• Plus1 1

We stop them and stop them.  31 yards in a half.  Then we can't stop them and more we can't stop them.  This is mostly on Whipple, apparently he has not informed Purdy he can step UP in the pocket instead of feebly retreating every time.  We have TE who cannot make a catch/drop a catch without getting up injured.   The only who benefits from this masquerade in the textile industry.  Gonna cost me a fortune to replace all of my Husker gear.   Man i miss the Coach Oz days of complaining because we lost to Oklahoma again and finished 11-2, another season down the drain...

• Plus1 1

Yeah, we noticed.

These teams have been doing this since Osborne retired. They have this fantasy that they're big, bad, tough Nebraska, and once they have some success it'll just keep happening... because.

Those Devaney-Osborne teams worked their tails off for 60 minutes. We're lucky to get 30 minutes of solid play from most of our teams from Solich through Joseph.

• Plus1 1

It was blazingly obvious that Purdy would, at best, throw the game away.  Hell, he tried twice with those wobbly lobs.

The moment he showed up for his last series I figured Mickey isn’t capable of this. A dumb or stubborn OC and a seemingly oblivious or weak HC let that inevitable, game breaking interception happen.