### The Minnesota Game Thread ###

knapplc

4 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

It’s actually inexcusable. The first two drives were great then in true husker fashion for the past 2 decades it’s like ok now that we know what works,  let’s shelve it and try and be cute and flashy and try and get highlight reels. f#&%ing bush league coaching 

To be fair they did adjust and start to stuff Grant, but Purdy is so awful in the pocket we couldn't make them pay.

If Purdy really was the better QB, but he's not throwing well (all hypothetical because he can't throw well) then you need to start mixing in some read plays to make the defense pay. Any modern college offense that is not running a reads with their quarterback is either Iowa, terrible, or both.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Agree that Whipple has not been good, but how is this Trev’s fault? He didn’t hire Whipple. 

When did I say anything about TA? I was responding to the OP’s comment about how bad whipple has been. Just because I made a comment about how bad the play calling is doesn’t mean I was connecting that to the AD.…

4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

To be fair they did adjust and start to stuff Grant, but Purdy is so awful in the pocket we couldn't make them pay.

If Purdy really was the better QB, but he's not throwing well (all hypothetical because he can't throw well) then you need to start mixing in some read plays to make the defense pay. Any modern college offense that is not running a reads with their quarterback is either Iowa, terrible, or both.

I don’t disagree w you but we also gave up on grant too quickly and just started calling plays like they are playing madden 2022 out there

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Sker fer life said:

No biggie, all we have to do now is beat Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa to go bowling. :bang

Yeah, no problem.  I just ran the numbers on ESPN's predictor, and they show that there is a 0.19% chance of that.  Which rounds off to......zero.  Something we already knew. 

3-9 looks to be the most likely.  Iowa now has an offense, Wisconsin seems to be finding it's game after the HC change, and don't even need to mention Michigan in AA. 

9 hours ago, skeener said:

Yeah, no problem.  I just ran the numbers on ESPN's predictor, and they show that there is a 0.19% chance of that.  Which rounds off to......zero.  Something we already knew. 

3-9 looks to be the most likely.  Iowa now has an offense, Wisconsin seems to be finding it's game after the HC change, and don't even need to mention Michigan in AA. 

Carbon copy last season.  Once again, NO BOWL BOUND