What did we learn? Minnesota edition

Red Five

I learned:

(1) Mickey Joseph is NOT a good HC. Good recruiter, maybe but HC, absolutely Not.

(2) This team got psychologically accustomed to losing by one score that they feel by losing by one score, they actually won.

(3) Casey Thompson is Tom Brady compared to his backups.

(4) Purdy cannot throw the ball to save his life…worst QB we ever had.

(5) This team and their coaches have zero killer instinct…you have a team down by 10 at your home field and you get less than 30 yards in the entire third quarter.

(6) why didn’t the team play with the urgency they played in the last 6 minutes when they were up to try and out the game away? Bad game plan and horrible coaching.

(7) it is painful to see this team play week in week out, different crap every week, same result, a loss

(8) coaches and team cannot adjust to momentum swings

(9) the only way to fix this team is to invent a machine like the one in “men in black” and erase the memory of all the players and coaches and start from zero. I can also use that machine to help me erase the last two decades of husker downfall into oblivion.

(10) I knew we were going to lose the minute that stupid annoying announcer stated that Minnesota is 0-32 in games where they are down by 10 points. The reason I knew because we have become that team where other teams break records or stop negative records. If there is any record to be broken, it happens in our games. We are definitely worse than Kansas in that respect. 

• Plus1 1

I learned:

(1) Mickey Joseph is NOT a good HC. Good recruiter, maybe but HC, absolutely Not.

(2) This team got psychologically accustomed to losing by one score that they feel by losing by one score, they actually won.

(3) Casey Thompson is Tom Brady compared to his backups.

(4) Purdy cannot throw the ball to save his life…worst QB we ever had.

(5) This team and their coaches have zero killer instinct…you have a team down by 10 at your home field and you get less than 30 yards in the entire third quarter.

(6) why didn’t the team play with the urgency they played in the last 6 minutes when they were up to try and out the game away? Bad game plan and horrible coaching.

(7) it is painful to see this team play week in week out, different crap every week, same result, a loss

(8) coaches and team cannot adjust to momentum swings

(9) the only way to fix this team is to invent a machine like the one in “men in black” and erase the memory of all the players and coaches and start from zero. I can also use that machine to help me erase the last two decades of husker downfall into oblivion.

(10) I knew we were going to lose the minute that stupid annoying announcer stated that Minnesota is 0-32 in games where they are down by 10 points. The reason I knew because we have become that team where other teams break records or stop negative records. If there is any record to be broken, it happens in our games. We are definitely worse than Kansas in that respect. 

Learned that Purdy is Whipple's GUY no matter the results on the field and his stubbornness basically cost us the game. Also remember his line last week about Smothers not being able to throw the ball downfield, when today compared to Purdy, that's a bold-faced lie. Also disappointed that Mickey didn't take charge like a head coach should and dictate who is going to play instead of allowing a lame duck coach to play HIS man. Also learned several of our touted receiving corps had crucial drops at the most inopportune times. And finally reinforced that this team is so fragile that it cannot overcome being behind the chains at all. Really damning.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

2022 was a huge waste and not fair to fans who are too loyal to this school. 

The players got done dirty by whoever (Trev, admin, boosters) made the decision to bring back Frost for 2022. They only have a few years here and this one was wasted.

I think it’s safe to assume a competent staff would have us on 5 wins right now.

• Plus1 4