What did we learn? Minnesota edition

Red Five

5 minutes ago, Decked said:

Uh no. They were also a$$. Just because Whipple and crew suck doesn’t mean last years staff was worth more than toilet paper.

Last year we were #22 in total offense.  This year we are #66.  40+ yards per game worse.

The defense is better since we got rid of Chinander.  The offense is worse.  We fired the wrong set.

5 minutes ago, Decked said:

they should’ve pulled the plug on the head bozo last year 

This is true.  But if we were going to keep him, we should have changed the defense, not the offense.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1

Every week it seems like we are light years away from being a functional team that plays smart. Both players and coaches are to blame for this horrible product on the field. Sadly, looking at our possible HC prospects, it seems like there is no freakin light at the end of this tunnel. Someone forgot to pay the electric bill.

16 minutes ago, Comish said:

Learned that Purdy is Whipple's GUY no matter the results on the field and his stubbornness basically cost us the game. Also remember his line last week about Smothers not being able to throw the ball downfield, when today compared to Purdy, that's a bold-faced lie. Also disappointed that Mickey didn't take charge like a head coach should and dictate who is going to play instead of allowing a lame duck coach to play HIS man. Also learned several of our touted receiving corps had crucial drops at the most inopportune times. And finally reinforced that this team is so fragile that it cannot overcome being behind the chains at all. Really damning.

Definitely my thought on Whipple. I think this is a win if Smothers had played the whole second half. 

Not get too fired up about the D, considering Busch wasn't brought here to coordinate it. Yet, he was clearly out-coached in 2nd half. Needed to bring a lot more heat on the replacement QB.

• Plus1 1

I learned that...

• Minnesota would be undefeated if they started their backup rather than Morgan
  • Mickey is NOT HC material, can't even stand up to Whip
  • I should only ever watch one half of Husker football at the max (1st half: MN, IL; 2nd half: Rutgers, Purdue, IN)
  • We will be stuck in an eternal abyss of bottom-dwelling if we get this hire wrong
  • Creighton basketball is starting Monday
  • Plus1 1

I learned that our bowl game again for the sixth year in a row is the day after thanksgiving against Iowa. It will be the difference between 3-9 and 4-8. Of course I am sure the next two games will be losses…and no, we can’t beat Wisconsin. Winning is not in this team’s DNA. 

I just really hope Palmer does not leave at the end of the season.

45 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Last year we were #22 in total offense.  This year we are #66.  40+ yards per game worse.

The defense is better since we got rid of Chinander.  The offense is worse.  We fired the wrong set.

This is true.  But if we were going to keep him, we should have changed the defense, not the offense.

We were ranked higher on offense ONLY because Adrian ( whom some couldn’t wait to see leave, smh) carried our a$$ in spite of a horrible line and no running game. Nothing to do with coaching or play calling

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2