What did we learn? Minnesota edition

Red Five

5 minutes ago, HANC said:

We were ranked higher on offense ONLY because Adrian ( whom some couldn’t wait to see leave, smh) carried our a$$ in spite of a horrible line and no running game. Nothing to do with coaching or play calling

Eh... I've always been a Martinez supporter.  But our schemes were much better.  

If we were average before (and the numbers show we were solidly above average), we're decidedly below average now.  So we downgraded.  Even though we have much better skill guys now.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HANC said:

We were ranked higher on offense ONLY because Adrian ( whom some couldn’t wait to see leave, smh) carried our a$$ in spite of a horrible line and no running game. Nothing to do with coaching or play calling

Yet 3 of those OL went to the NFL in '21 and '22 and Austin Allen was all conference.

• TBH 1
12 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Yet 3 of those OL went to the NFL in '21 and '22 and Austin Allen was all conference.

Three over a two year period… takes 5 solid, plus one (Cam) was like AM, half of the board hated….as others who actually know fb, realized he was nfl caliber. Yes, Allen was stud, but AM got him the ball, mostly on scrambles. AM rarely got to set his feet, and that is pretty much fact, not opinion. That is not good line play, regardless of how many move on.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Three over a two year period… takes 5 solid, plus one (Cam) was like AM, half of the board hated….as others who actually know fb, realized he was nfl caliber. Yes, Allen was stud, but AM got him the ball, mostly on scrambles. AM rarely got to set his feet, and that is pretty much fact, not opinion. That is not good line play, regardless of how many move on.

My bad....I forgot if Huskerboard hates them they aren't good.

If any perspective coaches are reading this, they will see that they will need to make a ton of money to put up with it! Mickey Joseph seems to be a stand up guy that jumped in a burning dumpster to help save his athletes and his school. I am betting that not only does Neb get a “meh” coach with an astronomical guaranteed salary , but you are running the risk of losing a great guy. Hell, we would love him over here!

If any perspective coaches are reading this, they will see that they will need to make a ton of money to put up with it! Mickey Joseph seems to be a stand up guy that jumped in a burning dumpster to help save his athletes and his school. I am betting that not only does Neb get a “meh” coach with an astronomical guaranteed salary , but you are running the risk of losing a great guy. Hell, we would love him over here!

This team is like Russian Roulette.  Play ling enough and you'll get shot.  It's just waiting to see which position, coordinator, mistake is the bullet.   

Unsure how you change the culture with this staff that's been associated with the mess still here.  We have what should be seniio leadership (5 year guys) and all they have known is getting their a$sses kicked by any team with a pulse.  And out coached and out schemed by 95% of the teams they play.  This team needs and exorcism.

A lot of names thrown around and who will or won't come here.  None of us know.  It's just opinions.  I'd throw the kitchen sink at Urb or Deion.  Guys who can bring in an instant talent upgrade and know how to win.  I'd still like Chadwell to get a look with his offense.

We have no development

No depth

No scheme

No system

No identity

S&C is a joke

Corey Raymond said it best after Bo's loss to Carolina in the bowl game in 2012.  "Look at them and look at us".  People got pi$$ed at the comment, but it was true then and true now.  We do not look nor play like a P5 "Blue Blood" program.  We are Kansas (look at them now) Duke or Vandy.

4 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I learned that Chubba Purdy might be the worst QB to play in Memorial Stadium since Joe Bauserman… and he might actually be worse. Whipple sticking with him for so long cost us the game, and Mickey not pulling rank and benching him shows he’s not remotely ready for a head coach gig.

I'd say Beau Davis, but I do not think his soul returned from Lubbock after that TT debacle.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Agree with this, yet ironically he was part of the problem today. 

I believe that Palmer has great chemistry with Thompson who knows how to throw the ball. Purdy’s throws were horrendous and smothers throws are not accurate. Receivers have to have chemistry with their QB. Smothers, for example, has some chemistry with Washington. Regardless, I believe Palmer is NFL caliper receiver but if throws are horrible, there is so much you can do. However, I agree that today he had a bad drop that cost us our comeback. I still want him a part of this team as he is special.