What did we learn? Minnesota edition

Red Five

21 minutes ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

I also learned that Whip is in love with the HB Draw ever since Rahmir had that one big run against Purdue

Today, 4 of 5 draws went for negative or zero

The positive went for 2

I think we can all agree that Whip, like much if the staff that has passed through here the past 8 years has been a failure.

• Plus1 2

13 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

I think alot of people are now realizing that we lack talent.  I think that most are realizing that we gave 4 years plus to Frost who evidently didn't recruit and try to recruit viable talent.  We are realizing that our chances at a splash hire might not happen.  I think that this season is proving to us where we stand at as far as being a power program in the current state of college football.

Yeah, there is a lot to be pissed about right now, I think anyway!

I think we're realizing that Pelini is a genius compared to Frost.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
14 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Last week Smothers graded out as a 65.8 according to PFF.  Purdy was 27.9.

This week Smothers graded out as a 79.4.  Purdy was 38.1.

giphy.gif

Reading into Mickey's comments in the postgame, my guess is that Purdy is a better practice QB than Smothers. 

That's great and all, but I'll take the guy that maybe doesn't practice great who turns it up and does a good job when the game starts

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Reading into Mickey's comments in the postgame, my guess is that Purdy is a better practice QB than Smothers. 

That's great and all, but I'll take the guy that maybe doesn't practice great who turns it up and does a good job when the game starts

Eh, reading a bunch of stuff over the last month or two it seems pretty obvious that Whipple likes Purdy.  And Whipple keeps winning the argument.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Severe (on his radio show this morning) is also saying that he doesn't think Smothers practices well, but Severe also says that if a guy (Purdy) consistently shows he can't produce in the game, then he shouldn't be the choice as backup QB.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh, reading a bunch of stuff over the last month or two it seems pretty obvious that Whipple likes Purdy.  And Whipple keeps winning the argument.

I think Whip knows his family, right? I get the feeling that's cloudy judgment a little. 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Severe (on his radio show this morning) is also saying that he doesn't think Smothers practices well, but Severe also says that if a guy (Purdy) consistently shows he can't produce in the game, then he shouldn't be the choice as backup QB.

Smothers takes care of the ball and looks average on the field. That's all we need with Casey out. It was obvious after the 1st quarter Purdy was going to throw a pick, and in all likelihood that would cost us the game.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

Fleck is a douche but I wouldn't hate if he coached here at this point. 

His team is 6-3 with a bunch of 6th year players. They could have been 5- 4 if our OC removed his head from his a$$. Minny has lost to every team with a pulse outside of MSU, who is only slightly better than us at this point.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

How do you not practice well?  Does he not show up on time?  Poor effort?   If true, it would be hard to play guy that doesn’t look good in practice. 

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

How do you not practice well?  Does he not show up on time?  Poor effort?   If true, it would be hard to play guy that doesn’t look good in practice. 

My guess is he practices exactly like he plays. His throws are ok, but not tight spirals and they're just a hair off target. I bet Purdy can place the ball well and throws tight pass with no pressure. Then game time comes and Logan seems to be able to somewhat read a defense in live action. Purdy freaks out and flushes from the pocket if his primary receiver isn't open, and has zero rythme on his drop backs.

• Plus1 1