Jump to content

What did we learn? Minnesota edition


Red Five

Recommended Posts


On 11/6/2022 at 4:40 PM, admo said:

Not really.  He is your coworker who suddenly got tabbed with interim head coach title.  Whipp is like 65 and probably seen it all before.  Maybe stubborn too.  But I bet they saw the writing on the wall for them since the day Frost got terminated.  Just work together until it's all over.  

 

This staff isn't going to step on each others neck through Turkey Day.  They packing up and leaving soon. If Frost was in charge it would be way more understandable. 

You’re right. We might as well find something better to watch. Did any of you see the Army vs Air Force game? 

Link to comment

On 11/5/2022 at 8:59 PM, mwj98 said:

Oh, and just for the record. Frost drove this program way more into the ground than Riley did. This team quit on Frost. MJ got them to at least compete. We have no depth at all. Purdy trash. Smothers garbage. Go ahead and get those so called “experienced” coaches. Good luck. 

Hey I was one of the biggest critics of SF but I fail to see where the players quit on him. I can’t honestly say MJ has them competing anymore than frost did. 

  • Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, admo said:

Really ? 2017 ?

 

So in 2004, with Callahan & Cosgrove the Huskers went 5-6.  Lost the 2nd game of the year to Southern Miss, and the 5th game of the year 70-10 to Texas Tech.  First losing record in a season since .......... and first time not going to bowl game since......... 

 

 

But not broken until Riley? :blink:

 

I mean, the University of Nebraska at Lincoln Athletic department reached out to Mike Riley to reconsider retiring and give it one more try.... which was then discussed with his wife to give it one last shot.  Mike Riley did not reach out to Nebraska.  #Facts

 

2004...  First losing season.  2007 Second losing season.  Not broken though?

 

I think it has been broken a long time before 2017.  Including days against Ohio State and Wisconsin in 2012.  

Yes….a lot was broken under Callahan. 
 

I know a story of a certain O lineman that was recruited and played under Solich.  Then  Callahan came in and recruited a highly ranked RB.  One day, the Freshman RB was slacking in the weight room and the lineman started getting after him.  The OL was called into the coach’s office and was told “you don’t talk to top recruits like that”. That OL still to this day believes that was the start of the downfall.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Cigarman said:

Hey I was one of the biggest critics of SF but I fail to see where the players quit on him. I can’t honestly say MJ has them competing anymore than frost did. 

I don’t think they quit last year.  But, there was clearly something very negative with the team when this season started. We are Northwestern’s only win and we lost to Georgia southern at home.  Just think about that for a while. Then, go look and see the conference rankings for GS. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes….a lot was broken under Callahan. 
 

I know a story of a certain O lineman that was recruited and played under Solich.  Then  Callahan came in and recruited a highly ranked RB.  One day, the Freshman RB was slacking in the weight room and the lineman started getting after him.  The OL was called into the coach’s office and was told “you don’t talk to top recruits like that”. That OL still to this day believes that was the start of the downfall.  


Sounds about right…

Link to comment

On 11/5/2022 at 3:15 PM, Red Five said:


The players got done dirty by whoever (Trev, admin, boosters) made the decision to bring back Frost for 2022. They only have a few years here and this one was wasted.

 

I think it’s safe to assume a competent staff would have us on 5 wins right now.

i blame this year on Trev, stupid decisions everywhere. Clean house!!

Michigan by 30 points.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.  Teams who recover the most fumbles usually have the most guys around the football.  That's preparation.  

I remember when we were told our defense would 'gang tackle' and swarm to the football/ball-carrier...

 

LOL

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
18 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.  Teams who recover the most fumbles usually have the most guys around the football.  That's preparation.  

Agree

Just now, ndobney said:

Agree

Although the saying is success is when preparation meets opportunity 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...