Jump to content

Tangent Thread - November 2022 Edition


Recommended Posts

It just amazes why many of you would think things would be better.  No coach can win with this o-line, missing the starting qb & lb.  And we were a 16 pt. Underdog.   There are way too many fantasy fans on this board!  Go find a football for dummies book.  Common game sense is very thin.

 

Edited by Mavric
Split several posts from the IHCMJ thread
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It just amazes why many of you would think things would be better.  No coach can win with this o-line, missing the starting qb & lb.  And we were a 16 pt. Underdog.   There are way too many fantasy fans on this board!  Go find a football for dummies book.  Common game sense is very thin.

 

I think you can make your argument without resorting to the personal attacks.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It just amazes why many of you would think things would be better.  No coach can win with this o-line, missing the starting qb & lb.  And we were a 16 pt. Underdog.   There are way too many fantasy fans on this board!  Go find a football for dummies book.  Common game sense is very thin.

I wasn’t expecting a win. I was expecting to Minny to win easily. I have stated a number of times today, I was very pleased with the game plan and the play of the team in the first half. I even said it was the best half of football NU has played this year. I gave credit where credit was due.

 

However, in the 2nd half, Minnesota made some adjustments, they started playing better, and NU’s players and coaches just allowed Minny to take over the game. NU had no answer. Yes, the players deserve blame, but you want to give the coaches a free pass?  This is why based on the entire game, my opinion on the worthiness of Mickey getting the full time head coaching job hasn’t changed. 

Link to comment
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I wasn’t expecting a win. I was expecting to Minny to win easily. I have stated a number of times today, I was very pleased with the game plan and the play of the team in the first half. I even said it was the best half of football NU has played this year. I gave credit where credit was due.

 

However, in the 2nd half, Minnesota made some adjustments, they started playing better, and NU’s players and coaches just allowed Minny to take over the game. NU had no answer. Yes, the players deserve blame, but you want to give the coaches a free pass?  This is why based on the entire game, my opinion on the worthiness of Mickey getting the full time head coaching job hasn’t changed. 

You have much more knowledge than most. You know me I would call you out lol!

Link to comment

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I wasn’t expecting a win. I was expecting to Minny to win easily. I have stated a number of times today, I was very pleased with the game plan and the play of the team in the first half. I even said it was the best half of football NU has played this year. I gave credit where credit was due.

 

However, in the 2nd half, Minnesota made some adjustments, they started playing better, and NU’s players and coaches just allowed Minny to take over the game. NU had no answer. Yes, the players deserve blame, but you want to give the coaches a free pass?  This is why based on the entire game, my opinion on the worthiness of Mickey getting the full time head coaching job hasn’t changed. 

With our o-line, we won't win another game.  Hats off to the defense.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have never said I’m smarter than anyone on here. We are all giving opinions and having discussions. That’s all I am doing bro. 

I know you want a complete house cleaning.  I am still old fashion and believe in culture.  I am good with mickey.  I also believe much of the coaching & all the conditioning staff needs to go.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

32 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Not sure I understand what you are trying to say as I have seen much worse on this board pointed directly at 1 poster.

His point was simple - you can share your opinion without taking shots at people on this board. Doesn't matter if you were singling out an individual or not.

 

It's time to move on. Seems like you're trying to find a home on this graph and that would be a poor choice.

f around 2.PNG

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

His point was simple - you can share your opinion without taking shots at people on this board. Doesn't matter if you were singling out an individual or not.

 

It's time to move on. Seems like you're trying to find a home on this graph and that would be a poor choice.

f around 2.PNG

Sorry, but all I see is double standards.

  • Plus1 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Sorry, but all I see is double standards.

Don't worry about what other people are saying or doing. That's our job, not yours.

 

Like I said, it's time to drop it, do what you were asked, and please move along. This is the last time you will be asked.

  • TBH 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Sorry, but all I see is double standards.

Where are the double standards?  By definition, Mickey is the temporary head coach. Yes, Trev has said if he has done well enough, then he would earn a look at becoming the full time head coach. Based on the results of the games, along with Mickey’s prior experience and resume, a lot of us on here don’t think Mickey has earned the right to be the man to turn around this dumpster fire of a program. Most of us prefer a coach with prior head coaching experience where they have shown success of leading a team.  

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...