Tangent Thread - November 2022 Edition

19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Where are the double standards?  By definition, Mickey is the temporary head coach. Yes, Trev has said if he has done well enough, then he would earn a look at becoming the full time head coach. Based on the results of the games, along with Mickey’s prior experience and resume, a lot of us on here don’t think Mickey has earned the right to be the man to turn around this dumpster fire of a program. Most of us prefer a coach with prior head coaching experience where they have shown success of leading a team.  

He was talking about being admonished against personal attacks, not coaches.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I think you can make your argument without resorting to the personal attacks.

I just see frustration like everyone else and someone directing it fairly broadly.  If there was a personal attack there somewhere, I missed it. I assumed “venting “ was okay as long as it wasn’t directed towards a specific individual (s).  Maybe clarification is needed in regards to this?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

My family loves smoked turkey which is delicious compared to regular turkey but I'm a ham guy myself. Nothing like glazed ham with brown sugar and maple syrup yum. You?

So there a hand full of times i have gotten each way perfect.  I like my ham cooked pretty through and through like ham steak.  And the turkey i like moist with some good gravy.  Its hard to get consistancy on turkey day.  I enjoy both.  If i had to choose, it would be to drink Hawkeye tears the day after thanksgiving.

Just now, Stone Cold said:

So there a hand full of times i have gotten each way perfect.  I like my ham cooked pretty through and through like ham steak.  And the turkey i like moist with some good gravy.  Its hard to get consistancy on turkey day.  I enjoy both.  If i had to choose, it would be to drink Hawkeye tears the day after thanksgiving.

Yeah me too but one can only hope next year we are going to get a well coached football team with a better record then 3-9.