Last Three Games

URSS

Any body think we will win any of the last three games?

I think that we will lose all three.  

I also think that it cost Mickey the head coach job for next year.  I would not like to see him go due the circumstances brought about the Scoot Frost tenure.  But- the losing season doormat reputation must be changed.  A new coach staff, with or without Mickey, may needed for a fresh start.

• Plus1 1

I wouldn't be surprised if we freak accident win one of them. Hell, maybe even two of them. Wouldn't really change my feelings, but hey, it would at least be more enjoyable to watch.

• Haha 1

I'm not counting on a win.  But I'm curious how they'll do, so I'll watch.  Hoping they find a way to beat Iowa or Wisconsin.  I would be absolutely thrilled if they won both!

I'm also kind of curious about next year.  If NU can get most of the kids to return, I'm actually cautiously optimistic.  Mostly because of how OLD the other teams in the west were this year.  Illinois and Minnesota will have almost entirely new rosters.  Purdue will see some pretty important pieces go.  Iowa and Wisconsin will have important spots to fill with young guys.

Nebraska and Northwestern will be the old teams.  Hopefully it makes a difference...

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe if Whipple comes to the realization to start Smothers instead of Purdy, we have a chance. 

And that might just depend on MJ dictating what Whipple does. Everyone knows Whip has a preference for Purdy and throwing the ball. We can’t blame only Whipple if it’s allowed to continue.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe if Whipple comes to the realization to start Smothers instead of Purdy, we have a chance. 

Purdy's ceiling may be higher than Smother's but what matters is what you do when the bullets are flying and Purdy has been incompetent the last two weeks. You can work around Smothers not having a big arm better than you can work around Purdy not being able to settle-down and hit the broad side of a barn. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Danimal said:

Purdy's ceiling may be higher than Smother's but what matters is what you do when the bullets are flying and Purdy has been incompetent the last two weeks. You can work around Smothers not having a big arm better than you can work around Purdy not being able to settle-down and hit the broad side of a barn. 

I have no clue how Purdy’s ceiling  is higher when he can’t hardly throw a wounded duck farther than 15 yards.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1