Last Three Games

URSS

Michigan and Wisconsin are going to absolutely destroy Nebraska, it's not even going to be close.  The Iowa game will be closer through the first half, with Iowa easily pulling away in the second to win comfortably by multiple scores.  The announcement of a new head coach cannot come soon enough, the more losses we rack up the harder it's going to be for the new staff, to pull in the recruits. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Torgan said:

Michigan and Wisconsin are going to absolutely destroy Nebraska, it's not even going to be close.  The Iowa game will be closer through the first half, with Iowa easily pulling away in the second to win comfortably by multiple scores.  The announcement of a new head coach cannot come soon enough, the more losses we rack up the harder it's going to be for the new staff, to pull in the recruits. 

At this point, I don't think the results of the last 3 games is going to have an affect on who is interested in our program.  It's going to be someone who is excited about turning around a former powerful program no matter what we do in the next three weeks.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

At this point, I don't think the results of the last 3 games is going to have an affect on who is interested in our program.  It's going to be someone who is excited about turning around a former powerful program no matter what we do in the next three weeks.

Totally agree.  Coaches are drawn to big name programs, great facilities, big contracts for themselves and their assistant coaches, challenges of turning around a program.  Successful coaches look at jobs as opportunities.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So apparently I forgot the part where Smothers played in six games last year.  He's now played in four games this year.  So he's still eligible for a redshirt but can't play any more to do that.

Makes them sending him in for three plays against Illinois look even worse.

Both Callahan and Sherman have brought up the possibility he may want to preserve his redshirt so he still has 3 years after this year (more than likely at a different program next year).  Both made it sound like its not a high probability of happening, but something to think about. 

• Plus1 3

Maybe he’s changed his mind but I’ve read Smothers saying he is a Husker until the end - he is not leaving - period.  I’d think he wants to play if wanted.  I suppose he’d redshirt if asked for the future time as a Husker but not so he has more time elsewhere.  

Id tell him - as a Husker, you should want the chance to play to help your team.  Not simply to mop up in a 40 point loss to MI.  We have other QBs that can do that.  HH and Torres are alive, correct?  

• Plus1 1
On 11/6/2022 at 5:01 PM, huskerfan74 said:

We will lose all three. However, I really really really reallly reallly want us to beat Iowa. Having to listen to my buddy from Iowa brag makes me want to drive my truck into his house. By the way, what did we do to anger the football gods? Why do they hate us so much? Did we not sacrifice enough turkeys? 

Tom Osborne allegedly met a demon at a crossroads one night...

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Maybe he’s changed his mind but I’ve read Smothers saying he is a Husker until the end - he is not leaving - period.  I’d think he wants to play if wanted.  I suppose he’d redshirt if asked for the future time as a Husker but not so he has more time elsewhere.  

Id tell him - as a Husker, you should want the chance to play to help your team.  Not simply to mop up in a 40 point loss to MI.  We have other QBs that can do that.  HH and Torres are alive, correct?  

What's the deal with Torres ?  Haven't heard a peep about this kid,  what's his skill set ?

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

I keep seeing this.  Does Smothers have some track record of winning games that I'm not aware of?

I think what people are really saying is that we can't pass the ball successfully enough with either.  Esp with this OL.  But one of them is a tad bit better with RRO (run-run-option).  Which would slightly favor Smothers, a little bit.  

In a few weeks we will have Fried Turkey, Ham, mash potatoes and Iowa.  Then it's all over with.  :hmmph