Nebrasketball vs Maine

Mavric

These are games the Huskers have to win and get the game time reps for a lot of players. Much is made of our three point shooting deficiencies. I think it stems from practicing in a smaller gym where the back wall is 12' away from the backboard and white but when they go into PBA or any arena it's like playing in outer space. Odd because some high school kids seem to shoot well there during the state tournament.

1 minute ago, TonyStalloni said:

These are games the Huskers have to win and get the game time reps for a lot of players. Much is made of our three point shooting deficiencies. I think it stems from practicing in a smaller gym where the back wall is 12' away from the backboard and white but when they go into PBA or any arena it's like playing in outer space. Odd because some high school kids seem to shoot well there during the state tournament.

I've thought for a long time that our 3 point shooting problems have to have something to do with playing in arenas.  This can have an affect on free throws too....which we usually suck at too.

I wonder if there's any problems with the contract the AD has with the city to have them practice more in PBA.

Do other programs typically practice in the arena they play in?  Or, do they have a separate practice gym like we do?  I know NBA teams typically have a practice facility like we do.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've thought for a long time that our 3 point shooting problems have to have something to do with playing in arenas.  This can have an affect on free throws too....which we usually suck at too.

I wonder if there's any problems with the contract the AD has with the city to have them practice more in PBA.

Do other programs typically practice in the arena they play in?  Or, do they have a separate practice gym like we do?  I know NBA teams typically have a practice facility like we do.

They do most of their practicing in the practice gym at the Devaney Center, but I think the contract they have with the city allows them to practice at PBA the day before games and possibly more often.

• Plus1 1