If and when a new coach gets hired do you believe the roster gets smaller?

When Scott Frost got hired, he wanted a lot of kids on the roster which included walk-ons to compete for positions.  My belief was that was one of his down falls bc he had too many kids on the roster and not great developers.  Do you think the new head coach or even MJ will shrink the roster so they can try and develop more? I think SF had 120 kids on the roster if I'm not mistaken.  Do you think if the new head coach that comes in does shrink the roster it rubs Nebraskan's the wrong way bc he is trying to improve the team?  Thoughts

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The Huskers.com roster lists 145-150 players.  IMO, that is way too many guys on the roster, and makes it very challenging to manage, especially when so many of those kids won't sniff the field.  I would welcome a roster size in the 110-120 players range.

Oh damn. Thanks, that is way too many kids to have. Do you believe the new coach cuts back the walk on program?

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

Oh damn. Thanks, that is way too many kids to have. Do you believe the new coach cuts back the walk on program?

I believe a smart coach should cut back the walk-on program.  Of course, fans will revolt and freak out and say "he's cutting the walk-on program!!!!" when in reality he would be just making it more manageable.  Fans are morons too many times.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I believe a smart coach should cut back the walk-on program.  Of course, fans will revolt and freak out and say "he's cutting the walk-on program!!!!" when in reality he would be just making it more manageable.  Fans are morons too many times.

Yeah totally agree. That's one of my biggest concerns is that the new head coach wants to do that and doesn't get fully supported in the process of doing it his way.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Is a new coach even really going to be hired? I feel like this uncertainty may NEVER end.

Yeah everyone has hc search fatigue. 

He'll, even rumorville is going days without any activity. 

Seemed like a bigger circus last couple of times around. 

Pretty boring.  Maybe that's a good omen.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Yeah everyone has hc search fatigue. 

He'll, even rumorville is going days without any activity. 

Seemed like a bigger circus last couple of times around. 

Pretty boring.  Maybe that's a good omen.

Because it's already been nearly 2 months, and not just a few weeks or few days.