If and when a new coach gets hired do you believe the roster gets smaller?

4 hours ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Yeah everyone has hc search fatigue. 

He'll, even rumorville is going days without any activity. 

Seemed like a bigger circus last couple of times around. 

Pretty boring.  Maybe that's a good omen.

Or maybe it’s because all the quality coaches are like “hell no, I ain’t touching that train wreck”

• TBH 1

If Mickey is retained, I think we won't lose too many.  If perhaps someone who doesn't carry much cache is hired, we lose a bunch.  Hate to say this but I think Mickey needs to be retained for at least one season in order to keep things moving forward.  Whether thats as an assistant or head.  Odds of him staying around if not named HC are slim at best, but thats the ultimate best case scenario. 

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

If Mickey is retained......

"Retained" as in the only one willing, perhaps.  It may be that Mickey Joseph will be the "choice" by default. 

Yeah some players will slough off, but his recruiting may offset that in all the important ways.  We have to have that hope in the face of our twenty year nose dive into oblivion. 

7 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Definitely.  The huge FB roster has created Title IX compliance issues.  

Is this true?  I thought title ix only applied to scholarships and figured walk ons, not on a scholly obviously, would have zero impact on title ix.

To the original question, 105-110 total seems like the right amount.  85 schollies or whatever the number is now after the covid impact year and then 20ish walk ons to mainly help with practice squad/special teams/hopefully find a diamon in the rough or 2 that sees the field. 

Above that, youre just wasting cycles coaching and developing players that wont see the field and naturally eat up time that could have been spent on the actual players on saturday.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Is this true?  I thought title ix only applied to scholarships and figured walk ons, not on a scholly obviously, would have zero impact on title ix.

To the original question, 105-110 total seems like the right amount.  85 schollies or whatever the number is now after the covid impact year and then 20ish walk ons to mainly help with practice squad/special teams/hopefully find a diamon in the rough or 2 that sees the field. 

Above that, youre just wasting cycles coaching and developing players that wont see the field and naturally eat up time that could have been spent on the actual players on saturday.

Which as fans we understand having that many people is too many but a coach that makes millions of dollars doesn't that's what I don't get.

40 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Which as fans we understand having that many people is too many but a coach that makes millions of dollars doesn't that's what I don't get.

Frost was pandering to a lot of people who he thought he needed to when he increased the number of walk-ons. I have no idea why, but he thought that’s what he was supposed to do. Maybe he was trying to win favor with local high school coaches by encouraging any decent player to walk-on at NU, because “there will be a place for them”. 

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

A women's wrestling team cures many Title IX woes.

10 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

I heard the football numbers thing from someone at NU who would know.  I think it Title XI is concerned with opportunities as it relates to total enrollment gender ratios vs scholarship numbers, but I’m not completely sure.  

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Mud wrestling?  How about pole dancing?   Now that would sell out!

Good to see that women's sports, and by extension women, are still a joke to some.  I still cannot, for the life of me, understand how so many people don't have a daughter or mother or wife that can help them understand that maybe women's place in this world isn't just to strive to entertain men in whichever way men see the most fit.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2