Should've Mickey Joseph sent Mark Whipple packing?

husker rob

Should have MJ fired MW after the Illinois loss?  

After Casey got hurt, and Chubba and Logan played it was completely obvious to me that neither of the backups were prepared to run the offense at all.  Who's job is it to prepare backup QBs to play if the starter gets hurt?  Mr Obvious says the QB coach.  MW failed in preparing Logan or Chubba.  Failed to recognize that Chubba wasnt getting it done in the 2nd half against Illinois and after the first 2 series against Minnesota.  Refuses to go away from his game plan and utilize Logan to his strengths by using more RPOs.

At this point I would rather have Sean Beckton finish the season as OC rather than wasting any more time with the "Whip"

What say you?

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, KCBuc said:

Perhaps Mickey likes the offense he runs but not the execution of it.

Try not to post for a few years;  you're at 666 at the moment.

a-HEM.. meanwhile.. yes, Mr. Whipple was admonishing shoppers to not squeeze the Charmin and yet he himself was in fact squeezing the Charmin.  So, yes he should have been released earlier on.

No. Some things could’ve been handled differently between Joseph and Whipple though introducing yet another coordinator to these players would have done more harm than helping the team be successful. I don’t think that the situation is entirely what it’s been made out to be.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, husker rob said:

Should have MJ fired MW after the Illinois loss?  

After Casey got hurt, and Chubba and Logan played it was completely obvious to me that neither of the backups were prepared to run the offense at all.  Who's job is it to prepare backup QBs to play if the starter gets hurt?  Mr Obvious says the QB coach.  MW failed in preparing Logan or Chubba.  Failed to recognize that Chubba wasnt getting it done in the 2nd half against Illinois and after the first 2 series against Minnesota.  Refuses to go away from his game plan and utilize Logan to his strengths by using more RPOs.

At this point I would rather have Sean Beckton finish the season as OC rather than wasting any more time with the "Whip"

What say you?

He's gone, regardless.  Issue is, who would have called plays?  We have no one on staff, after Scriptle, who could have.   Have to do as much as you can to salvage a lost season.  Getting rid of him would have been more harm than good.

• Plus1 2