Should've Mickey Joseph sent Mark Whipple packing?

husker rob

9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was watching the Hard Knocks In Season for the Arizona Cardinals, and the first episode showed a clip of their passing game coordinator, Spencer Whipple. Sure enough, that’s Mark Whipple’s son. It’s so sickening how nepotistic the profession of coaching football is. It makes it so hard for coaches without family connections to break into the game and be successful.

On another note, Mickey’s brother, Vance, is the DC with the Cardinals, so the Josephs and the Whipples probably knew each other prior to this season at Nebraska.  

Maybe Spencer is for hire ?

• Haha 1

Whipple may be the reason why Frost got fired as well.........the Northwestern game should have been a win if we just run the ball more, Georgia Southern would have been a win if we just ran the ball, and maybe now the Minny game would have been a win if we just ran the ball.  Yes I believe Whipple cost this team a chance to go bowling this season, and should have been fired with Frost after the Georgia South game.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Whipple may be the reason why Frost got fired as well.........the Northwestern game should have been a win if we just run the ball more, Georgia Southern would have been a win if we just ran the ball, and maybe now the Minny game would have been a win if we just ran the ball.  Yes I believe Whipple cost this team a chance to go bowling this season, and should have been fired with Frost after the Georgia South game.

Frost did this to himself. GSU would’ve been a win if Chin’s defense wasn’t a mess. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
On 11/10/2022 at 11:20 PM, husker rob said:

Should have MJ fired MW after the Illinois loss?  

After Casey got hurt, and Chubba and Logan played it was completely obvious to me that neither of the backups were prepared to run the offense at all.  Who's job is it to prepare backup QBs to play if the starter gets hurt?  Mr Obvious says the QB coach.  MW failed in preparing Logan or Chubba.  Failed to recognize that Chubba wasnt getting it done in the 2nd half against Illinois and after the first 2 series against Minnesota.  Refuses to go away from his game plan and utilize Logan to his strengths by using more RPOs.

At this point I would rather have Sean Beckton finish the season as OC rather than wasting any more time with the "Whip"

What say you?

Yes

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Yep. Whipple was here the first 4 years messing everything up, it's his fault Frost was fired. Maybe take a minute to review before hitting submit next time. 

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Neither of our backups see the field particularly well. I was hoping to see Haarberg at some point just to see if he has any better football sense. I think that was the main attribute of Joe Ganz....good decision-making. I expect to see a bunch of harried short throws into a crowd today.

One thing is that our backups haven't seen the field much in a long while. The in game experience is useful. We've rarely had the luxury of having a significant lead for the quarterbacks and other players to get in. That's another benefit of having a good team. I'd love seeing Haarberg get some playing time as well. 

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Supposedly he called plays the 2nd half from the box.

So he is feeling ok?

That's news to me.  They said many times that Mickey was calling plays in 2nd half and he didn't even need a play sheet (Davis and RGIII).  But then again, we only had a few meaningful series after halftime because the Husker defense couldn't stop Michigan.  And the offense sputtered (penalties, dropped passes, bad snaps, no rhythm)