Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's his formula for success is to have more talent than the rest of the teams they will play. Anyone think that Colorado gets any players from Jackson State to follow Deion????

5 star corner and his son easily. They will do very well in the portal. Not sure how good the high school crootin will be…better than usual. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Decked said:

5 star corner and his son easily. They will do very well in the portal. Not sure how good the high school crootin will be…better than usual. 

I think Prime will do well in the short-term in recruiting and transfers but their lack of NIL will hurt them. Yeah, CU has a lot of alumni and I’m sure a lot with $, but CU typically struggles with getting $ donated to them. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Prime will do well in the short-term in recruiting and transfers but their lack of NIL will hurt them. Yeah, CU has a lot of alumni and I’m sure a lot with $, but CU typically struggles with getting $ donated to them. 

You don't think people won't start putting money up for nil deals at Colorado?? I do, I just think that Coloradan's haven't truly been behind a coach for a long time. Deion changes that perspective.

15 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

You don't think people won't start putting money up for nil deals at Colorado?? I do, I just think that Coloradan's haven't truly been behind a coach for a long time. Deion changes that perspective.

I live 30 minutes from Boulder.  Coloradans don't really care about Colorado football.  It's a very small pocket of the people here.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2

9 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I do think Rhule is a better coach, but i think Deion and Fickell would of been better hires.  I hope to god this doesnt bit us in the a$$.

Nothing is guaranteed, but of the 3, only Rhule has shown to a "program builder" at the Power 5 level (also did it at Temple).  Deion is a big name, but I think he will struggle in the long-term at CU.  He may improve recruiting at CU, but he won't have the better talent like he often does at Jackson State.  Fickell is very good, but I think he's better at keeping a program going rather than re-building one.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Nothing is guaranteed, but of the 3, only Rhule has shown to a "program builder" at the Power 5 level (also did it at Temple).  Deion is a big name, but I think he will struggle in the long-term at CU.  He may improve recruiting at CU, but he won't have the better talent like he often does at Jackson State.  Fickell is very good, but I think he's better at keeping a program going rather than re-building one.

Not at Ohio State he wasn't.  :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

For having a reputation as a "program builder" Baylor is Rhule's only P5 example and none of his stops have long term attached to them.

• Plus1 1
Just now, TheSker said:

For having a reputation as a "program builder" Baylor is Rhule's only P5 example and none of his stops have long term attached to them.

I agree that one of the big question marks with Rhule is his ability to sustain success at a school for the long-term.  However, if he is able to get NU to the 8-9 win level, and then he leaves or that's his peak, I would consider that a success, given NU's history the past 8 years.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach