Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

29 minutes ago, Decked said:

Deion is a gamble. That’s why only those teams wanted Deion. He has great recruiting ability. Nobody knows how well he can develop & coach. 

CU needs to fill seats and bring in talent from outside Colorado.  Home run.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

... which is still better than any other option out there.

What were the other options?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I think the biggest question is what kind of staff will Deion Sanders assemble? Is he hoping/planning to bring most of his current staff? Because that would have obviously been an issue here this time around lol.

Jackson State is also running the air raid right now which I would have been doubtful of working here.

Good for Colorado for taking a shot. This might be the thing that saves them from falling to a mountain west type of scenario and propels them to a big 10 invite. Or it might crash and burn. Either way, I trust Trev’s decision to hire Rhule.

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I live 30 minutes from Boulder.  Coloradans don't really care about Colorado football.  It's a very small pocket of the people here.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952612a6d666aac195b9

Seems like in CO it goes:

1. Denver donkeys

2. Denver donkeys

3. Denver donkeys

4. Denver donkeys

5. Denver donkeys

6. Avs/Nuggets/Rockies

7. High school

8. College sports

The Avs won the Stanley Cup and the biggest thing in CO over the summer was signing Russell Wilson

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

3 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Rockies would be slightly higher than the Nuggets and Avs if they could ever get their stuff figured out but spot on lol

I hate the Rockies ownership. They take advantage of the fact that over 2 million people like to hang out at Coors Field and drink beer on summer nights, with baseball games as the backdrop. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, TheSker said:

CU needs to fill seats and bring in talent from outside Colorado.  Home run.

What were the other options?

He is for sure a hype man. This is a good hire for them. If Nebraska is dying then Colorado is 6 feet under. Good risk/reward for them. 

• Plus1 3

Good get.  Prime is a winner.  Hope we beat them next year.  If not, be a whole lot of should've, could've, would've....

7 minutes ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Hunter, Sanders, Sanders will all play for the Buffs next year.

I'm sure some other big names will find their way to CU

Also, welcome my new username.   Formally BigRedSD, I forgot my password and so here I am

Welcome back.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Hunter, Sanders, Sanders will all play for the Buffs next year.

I'm sure some other big names will find their way to CU

Also, welcome my new username.   Formally BigRedSD, I forgot my password and so here I am

I wonder how long Deion will want to coach after his kids are done playing. He just seems like the ultimate “dad coach” in this instance. 

• Mavric changed the title to Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach