Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

14 hours ago, Decked said:

He is for sure a hype man. This is a good hire for them. If Nebraska is dying then Colorado is 6 feet under. Good risk/reward for them. 

Exactly. I think Nebraska fans don't understand that CU needs to make a hire that will get fans to show up. Whether or not Sanders can make the team successful is somewhat secondary as the athletic department needs to balance the budget after running nearly a $20 million deficit last year and a projected $43 million drop in revenue this year. CU football is just trying to survive at this point. I hope Sanders can deliver or that might be the beginnings of the end of their football program.

CU Buffs athletics projecting nearly $20 million deficit

Colorado’s athletics department is projecting a drop of about $43 million in revenue from last year, while forecasting a deficit of nearly $20 million for the 2021 fiscal year.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Exactly. I think Nebraska fans don't understand that CU needs to make a hire that will get fans to show up. Whether or not Sanders can make the team successful is somewhat secondary as the athletic department needs to balance the budget after running nearly a $20 million deficit last year and a projected $43 million drop in revenue this year. CU football is just trying to survive at this point. I hope Sanders can deliver or that might be the beginnings of the end of their football program.

CU Buffs athletics projecting nearly $20 million deficit

The hire of Sanders changes the trajectory of everything for CU football, including financially.  My contact for CU tickets is a CU season ticket holder who has already told me no.

I will probably buy CU season tickets like I used to do every other year during the B12 years.

Those will spike too.

Absolutely Boss move by CU.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
11 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The hire of Sanders changes the trajectory of everything for CU football, including financially.  My contact for CU tickets is a CU season ticket holder who has already told me no.

I will probably buy CU season tickets like I used to do every other year during the B12 years.

Those will spike too.

Absolutely Boss move by CU.

I think Sanders will have a good - or at least recruiting hyped - year or two and then jumps elsewhere. Hopefully it's enough for CU financially, but I have my doubts. We'll see.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

How many years until Colorado is in the playoffs?

They won’t be in the playoffs under Deion. Take that to the bank. I think even 9 wins in a season over his 3/4 years is questionable. He will either get fired or jump to the SEC. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
34 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He will either jump to another school as soon as he can or just ends up quitting once his kids are done.

Matt rhule has a way higher chance of leaving Nebraska. Look at Matt's history he is a job hopper. He signs long contract extensions and then leaves. In 2015 he signed an extension to be at temple until 2021, he left 18 months later. In Sept 2019 he signed an extension to be at Baylor until 2027. He left Baylor less than 4 months after signing that extension.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

Just now, hunnit said:

Matt rhule has a way higher chance of leaving Nebraska. Look at Matt's history he is a job hopper. He signs long contract extensions and then leaves. In 2015 he signed an extension to be at temple until 2021, he left 18 months later. In Sept 2019 he signed an extension to be at Baylor until 2027. He left Baylor less than 4 months after signing that extension.

I am aware of Matt Rhule's history.  That's not lost on me.  However, after job hopping for a few stops, I'm hoping Rhule will want to stick around one place for a while.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, hunnit said:

What does that have to do with Deion Sanders at Colorado?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach