Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Liberty is basically the Evangelical Christian version of Notre Dame or BYU. They are a football independent and have a huge online enrollment. They basically print money, so they can put a lot of $ into building their athletic programs. 

I believe they also have a HS similar to IMG that is basically a feeder to their college

• Plus1 1

On 12/3/2022 at 2:05 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Prime will do well in the short-term in recruiting and transfers but their lack of NIL will hurt them. Yeah, CU has a lot of alumni and I’m sure a lot with $, but CU typically struggles with getting $ donated to them. 

Name two universities that are better at football with NIL than they were before NIL specifically because of NIL.

Sanders had a great quote about NIL in his intro presser.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

I dont think that is quite how he said it.

I watched the full video. He basically told the current players that he’s going to change things and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. Nothing wrong with setting those expectations. It will be interesting how many guys he does run off, because it will be difficult to flip a whole roster through the transfer portal. He mentioned he will be bringing about 10 guys from Jackson State. While those players are talented, that’s a huge jump in competition for those guys. 

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I watched the full video. He basically told the current players that he’s going to change things and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. Nothing wrong with setting those expectations. It will be interesting how many guys he does run off, because it will be difficult to flip a whole roster through the transfer portal. He mentioned he will be bringing about 10 guys from Jackson State. While those players are talented, that’s a huge jump in competition for those guys. 

So, he is admitting he was recruiting JS players to Colorado while he was still the coach at JS. 

Isn’t that some kind of violation?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach