Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

14 minutes ago, sho said:

Elijah Robinson?   Is that official?    He's a good get if he goes to Colorado  

And it has nothing to do with underestimating him, he will get talent based on name alone.  At least early on.   But he won't be head and shoulders above Oregon or Washington.   He may be get slightly better classes, but he won't have major talent advantages.  He won't be having a 5* when no one else has a 3*.  That'll be a big change for him.

I wonder how that is going to work out for NIL money at CU. I have to assume a school that has next to no fan interest from the students or people in the state isn't exactly rolling in NIL money. Are these top flight players going to come in and play for next to nothing compared to what they could getting elsewhere just for the opportunity to play for Sanders? Maybe some will but I'm guessing most probably won't give up huge paydays for that honor.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Nick Williams

Other than Lincoln Riley occasionally who in the PAC 12 gets 5*s?

Oregon currently has 2 committed to them and gets 1-2 yearly, even with USC getting some.  I don't see that changing.   Washington will pull some here and there and will get plenty of 4* recruits.   Colorado will be roughly the same talent as Oregon and Washington if Deion stays a few years.   Then it'll be about development and schematics and that's just a guess on if he's good at building a staff for that or not.  I personally see him being all flash and will flame out.

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I wonder how that is going to work out for NIL money at CU. I have to assume a school that has next to no fan interest from the students or people in the state isn't exactly rolling in NIL money. Are these top flight players going to come in and play for next to nothing compared to what they could getting elsewhere just for the opportunity to play for Sanders? Maybe some will but I'm guessing most probably won't give up huge paydays for that honor.

That will be a factor too.    CU boosters will have to pay the piper if they want to compete in big boy football.   Right now they don't have the money lined up for their coach, hard to imagine they have a good NIL program for the players.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

People talk as if Deion comes from the typical pattern of college football. Idk how well he’ll recruit compared to anybody but considering what he did bringing players in the swac it’s crazy to underestimate his reach. Plus being somebody that understands black culture I guarantee his word means more to a kid and his family than anybody in the sport. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

People talk as if Deion comes from the typical pattern of college football. Idk how well he’ll recruit compared to anybody but considering what he did bringing players in the swac it’s crazy to underestimate his reach. Plus being somebody that understands black culture I guarantee his word means more to a kid and his family than anybody in the sport. 

Deion will be able to draw the players. There's no doubt about that. It doesn't matter what dogs a person has though if he and his group of trainers don't train them well enough. Like his players, there'll be expectations of his assistants.  It's either going to go down in flames or they'll hit it out of the park. How all of this plays out on a bigger stage will be fun to watch and see what isn't for real and what is. 

4 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Deion will be able to draw the players. There's no doubt about that. It doesn't matter what dogs a person has though if he and his group of trainers don't train them well enough. Like his players, there'll be expectations of his assistants.  It's either going to go down in flames or they'll hit it out of the park. How all of this plays out on a bigger stage will be fun to watch and see what isn't for real and what is. 

I agree the game is played on the field but It all starts with recruiting and the PAC12 is like the BIG 12 light if you can execute a formula of ball control and some resistance on d 8-10 wins every couple years isn’t that complicated just look at what Oregon state is doing 

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

I agree the game is played on the field but It all starts with recruiting and the PAC12 is like the BIG 12 light if you can execute a formula of ball control and some resistance on d 8-10 wins every couple years isn’t that complicated just look at what Oregon state is doing 

My second team is the Huskies so we'll be giving him plenty of shots. Speaking of Oregon State, how about Trent Bray! We might want to entertain the idea of speaking with him. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

U just described the big10 west

Just now, huskerfan702 said:

It’s really just the formula to football but the PAC 12 is so offensively dominant you can win 2-3 conference games a year if you just get the ball last

True. 

i think Utah on Friday showed usc first hand what to expect when they enter the big10. The tackling was embarrassing and that’s saying something coming from a husker fan. 

• Fire 1

Deion is telling current players to go jump in the portal and GTFO.

The GTFO is implied, of course. But yeah...this is looking more and more like a Colorado s*** show. 

Then again, with the street value of those mountains in Denver, I'm sure Deion will be fully energized to coach Colorado to mediocrity. 

• Plus1 2
47 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Deion is telling current players to go jump in the portal and GTFO.

The GTFO is implied, of course. But yeah...this is looking more and more like a Colorado s*** show. 

Then again, with the street value of those mountains in Denver, I'm sure Deion will be fully energized to coach Colorado to mediocrity. 

Not that Nebraska has any room to throw stones, but mediocrity would be a significant step up for Colorado football.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach