Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

3 hours ago, Toe said:

*ahem*

What. A. F******. Idiot. 

Yeah, pretty sure he just guaranteed a hostile takeover (a la Notre Dame in 2001*)

*May have been 2000…it’s been a while. 

Now if we can put this game away early and get the student section so pissed off they get ejected on national television…again…

31 minutes ago, hunnit said:

Washington wasn't even in the top 50 last year. So you saying Colorado won't even be in the top 50 lol. 

That was also during a coaching transition.  DoBoer will have them top 50 (currently has them top 30) and I believe Colorado will also be top 50.  I don't think Deion will be dramatically better than Washington or Oregon in terms of team talent.  Marginally better than Washington? Probably.  Marginally better than Oregon? Probably not.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

This is what i think people are missing.  He relates to that genz generation with the flash and the social media.  IF you watch that meeting he sais were gonna make you famous were gonna blow you up.  Thats what alot of this generation wants, but he uses that old school genx way of teaching football.  he may of just found a perfect balance.  He might not be in our conference, but you better believe hes coming after our players.  Yea this was the worst place he could of wound up for us.  We can live with getting our a$$ kicked for 2 years but poaching our players its something that is going to suck for a long time.  

Meh. CU doesn’t get more schollys than anybody else. If he’s going to be pulling in all these 4* and 5* players, I’m thinking that is going to impact the Bamas, Clemsons, tOSUs much more than it is Nebraska. Everybody is probably right, he’ll get his but I don’t see it greatly impacting Nebraska.

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, sho said:

That was also during a coaching transition.  DoBoer will have them top 50 (currently has them top 30) and I believe Colorado will also be top 50.  I don't think Deion will be dramatically better than Washington or Oregon in terms of team talent.  Marginally better than Washington? Probably.  Marginally better than Oregon? Probably not.

I think y'all are underestimating the celebrity and star power of Deion Sanders. Recruiting will be the least of his problems.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

26 minutes ago, hunnit said:

I think y'all are underestimating the celebrity and star power of Deion Sanders. Recruiting will be the least of his problems.

No, I think he’ll recruit well in Colorado.  But he’s not the only one that recruits well.  And not the only one o the Pac12/10/8 that recruits well.  And he’s proven zero in terms of coaching.  We’ll see how his staff shakes out and how they X & O.  There are quality teams and coaches in the PAC.  I’m saying pump the brakes on anointing him and let him actually show he knows how to coach.  Right now he’s gotten by habit way better talent.  He won’t have that advantage now. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Yeah, but he's not taking all his Jackson State buddies to Boulder....and he's making some strategic staff hires from other programs.

One of the players in the meeting asked, what about our current staff.  Prime-they're  all gone.......He spoke about the teams culture (2 decades old) of accepting losing.....I'm sure it rubbed a lot of folks wrong, but he spoke truth.  Brutally honest.  

Talked about meeting with boosters to get the NIL going as well.  Unsure if the HC can solicit for NIL....No idea tbh.

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, huskerfan702 said:

Exactly! That video of him meeting the players is at 1.7 million views in 24 hours. The dude is a rock star and he creates an environment his kids don’t rebel against. 

over 1.9 million this afternoon...He's going to kill it.  He is going to raid the portal yearly for his team.  If not recruit them out right.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach