Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

56 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well now that he's going to CU, we need a thread where the Deion haters admit they underestimated him. 

If you like excitement and recruits and a fundamental program change, Boulder might have the edge.

If you had to lay money on that Nebraska vs, Colorado game next September......

If I was a gambler, I'd take CU to win.  I think if CU wins, folks will blow a gasket. The how could we have passed on Prime and the why the hell did we hire Rhule who can't even beat the clown Neon Deion......

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, lo country said:

One of the players in the meeting asked, what about our current staff.  Prime-they're  all gone.......He spoke about the teams culture (2 decades old) of accepting losing.....I'm sure it rubbed a lot of folks wrong, but he spoke truth.  Brutally honest.  

Talked about meeting with boosters to get the NIL going as well.  Unsure if the HC can solicit for NIL....No idea tbh.

I will be fascinated to see how CU’s NIL comes along. They are notoriously cash strapped, and have been for YEARS, which would seem to indicate a lack of donors. The recent comments from the AD stating that they will “find” the money to pay Deon is troubling to me. Deon can recruit no doubt, but at P5 level these days, the top recruits aren’t going to go somewhere that doesn’t have good NIL opportunities. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Sheesh a little attention to a guy and it brings the bitterness right on out lol

I’m not bitter. At. All. But I have had my fill of Husker fans fellating Sanders. IDGAF if he pulls in every 5* in the country forevermore. And f#&% CU too. Maybe Prime will be the guy to finally make the Buffs relevant since the McCartney days? I’m more than happy we landed Rhule and not Sanders.

• Plus1 9
22 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Again I ask, can you name 2-3 high quality players from the conference that don’t have the last name Sanders or Hunter? 

What does this have to do with you or the other guy knowing zero about the SWAC conference but can say Deion won because of a talent gap? Look up the recruiting class and then report back.

fyi Travis hunter has only played the last 6 games. 

13 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I will be fascinated to see how CU’s NIL comes along. They are notoriously cash strapped, and have been for YEARS, which would seem to indicate a lack of donors. The recent comments from the AD stating that they will “find” the money to pay Deon is troubling to me. Deon can recruit no doubt, but at P5 level these days, the top recruits aren’t going to go somewhere that doesn’t have good NIL opportunities. 

he told them to not "focus on the NIL, nut the NFL" but that he would make them famous.  It'll be interesting to see for sure.  I can't stand CU, but will watch this next season as Prime is there and to see how we will match up.

It was odd that he specifically met with boosters and they are on board.  I'm guessing to let the team know that he is going to get some of that NIL pie for CU.  

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m not bitter. At. All. But I have had my fill of Husker fans fellating Sanders. IDGAF if he pulls in every 5* in the country forevermore. And f#&% CU too. Maybe Prime will be the guy to finally make the Buffs relevant since the McCartney days? I’m more than happy we landed Rhule and not Sanders.

Well go to another thread lol. It’s a coaching carousel thread and he’s the biggest news in coaching. What did you expect a rousing discussion on Cincinnati football lol. Be real with yourself 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
29 minutes ago, Enhance said:

They'd rather be right about Rhule and/or the program than actually support the program.

How is hoping 19-20 Rhule does good supporting the program? You can't support the program with thoughts and prayers. 

I can want Rhule to fail harder than Frost and still watch every game which supports the program unlike the thoughts and prayers Rhule turns things around. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, lo country said:

he told them to not "focus on the NIL, nut the NFL" but that he would make them famous.  It'll be interesting to see for sure.  I can't stand CU, but will watch this next season as Prime is there and to see how we will match up.

It was odd that he specifically met with boosters and they are on board.  I'm guessing to let the team know that he is going to get some of that NIL pie for CU.  

Interesting message, I just wonder if you are a top level recruit with offers to Alabama, Georgia, OSU, Michigan, etc. that all put a ton of players into the NFL, and become stars as well, and CU comes along with a puny NIL offer, why say yes?

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Again I ask, can you name 2-3 high quality players from the conference that don’t have the last name Sanders or Hunter? 

Is it fair or unfair to say that Jackson State had more talent than their peers in the SWAC?

IRC, he has the first SWAC team in the top 100 recruiting classes.  Also has (IIRC) 8-10 4-5* players on the roster.  He has better talent, but the SWAC is not devoid of talent.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, hunnit said:

What does this have to do with you or the other guy knowing zero about the SWAC conference but can say Deion won because of a talent gap? Look up the recruiting class and then report back.

fyi Travis hunter has only played the last 6 games. 

So you can’t name a single player in conference? What it means is that Deion was good about recruiting highly ranked players when his competition is not as successful at attracting those players. Therefore with better talent (on paper), Deion was excellent at winning against less talented teams. 

I realize that you are trolling and that’s fine. Hopefully Deion does well, but he’s got quite a challenge ahead of him now that some of his peers will have better facilities and arguably equal talent.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

IRC, he has the first SWAC team in the top 100 recruiting classes.  Also has (IIRC) 8-10 4-5* players on the roster.  He has better talent, but the SWAC is not devoid of talent.

I don’t disagree. But there is a large difference between the talent of an Florida A&M and USC. Unfortunately, I cannot name a single player in the SWAC outside of some Jackson State players. Deion leaving will not help that conference maintain relevance.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Interesting message, I just wonder if you are a top level recruit with offers to Alabama, Georgia, OSU, Michigan, etc. that all put a ton of players into the NFL, and become stars as well, and CU comes along with a puny NIL offer, why say yes?

I truly think he will sell himself.  The are signing to be with him, not necessarily CU if that makes sense.  Dude is a salesman.  I do agree that the schools you mentioned are NFL factories, but they only have 87 Schollies.  I think he will get his fair share and then some.  USC/UCLA going to the B1G is a positive for him.  He can sell the vision of CU being the flag ship moving forward.  

I look at it a lot like NU. We still get some quality guys that were offered by other programs.  Why choose us ove some other places.  Same question there, but CU know has the the greatest show on earth for right now.  With his Social Media reach, especially in the P5, companies will be all over trying to get access to his pipeline.  Look at some of his social media stuff they do at J State.  Pretty slick stuff.  For example, his most recent meeting with the team has 2.3 million views in 24 hrs.....

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

So you can’t name a single player in conference? What it means is that Deion was good about recruiting highly ranked players when his competition is not as successful at attracting those players. Therefore with better talent (on paper), Deion was excellent at winning against less talented teams. 

I realize that you are trolling and that’s fine. Hopefully Deion does well, but he’s got quite a challenge ahead of him now that some of his peers will have better facilities and arguably equal talent.

Naming players has literally zero to do with this conversation. Stop trying to deflect.

Where is the talent gap? 

Screenshot_20221205-203147_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I don’t disagree. But there is a large difference between the talent of an Florida A&M and USC. Unfortunately, I cannot name a single player in the SWAC outside of some Jackson State players. Deion leaving will not help that conference maintain relevance.

I don't disagree with you at all.  I just see him being able to immediately put a dent in the talent disparity between CU and others in the PAC 12.  Be up to his staff to make up in the coaching department.  

I have watched some games in the SWAC/HBCU, but tbh it's normally wheh other games are not on.  He has made it relevant for sure with the media that follows him and he creates.  I don't expect it to be any less at CU.  His meeting with the players now has 2.3 million views in 24 hours.....

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach