Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

I will probably get some grief for this, and that is ok..... But my distaste for CU went away a long time ago, just like with KSU and KU.  

I think this is a very good splash hire for that team.  I don't expect Sanders to stay there very long.  If dude pulls in the players (which he will) and gets 9 wins by year 2 or 3, it will open up opportunities to FSU or Miami or the SEC.  It's going to be fun to watch.  

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So a thread about Riaola has now turned into a Deion discussion.  Great job guys!

That was my fault for the wrong threading. Apologies. 

26 minutes ago, GSG said:

This.

Literally haven't seen any commits. The only thing I saw was he's pulling scholarships from guys that were committed to the previous staff. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, GSG said:

And it's for the 2025 class, but whatever. I hope they lose every game. f#&% CU lol 

I hate them, too, which is why this sucks. The OC hire is the bigger sting. Incredible offense. May not be long for there, though, at he is apparently a candidate at Purdue. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, gorp512 said:

I hate them, too, which is why this sucks. The OC hire is the bigger sting. Incredible offense. May not be long for there, though, at he is apparently a candidate at Purdue. 

What's weird about the OC hire is all the Syracuse fans hated him, but then he got HC job. Who knows what's going to happen. 

18 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

That was my fault for the wrong threading. Apologies. 

Eh, a bunch of prima donna‘s that are leaving other programs for MAYBE the new shiny thing? I’m not impressed until I see it come together on the field. I remember how awestruck people were with Texas A&M‘s recruiting class last year. We see how well that turned out. Colorado will do their thing, and we will do ours. I’m having faith in our development process until proven otherwise.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, admo said:

I will probably get some grief for this, and that is ok..... But my distaste for CU went away a long time ago, just like with KSU and KU.  

I think this is a very good splash hire for that team.  I don't expect Sanders to stay there very long.  If dude pulls in the players (which he will) and gets 9 wins by year 2 or 3, it will open up opportunities to FSU or Miami or the SEC.  It's going to be fun to watch.  

Your distaste for them wouldn’t have gone away if you had to live amongst them for as long as I have. And that’s fine, I get it, they aren’t as relevant to Husker fans as they used to be when we shared a conference and played them yearly. I will always hate CU, their coach whoever it is, and I hope they lose every game they play. So screw Prime and eff CU. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, gorp512 said:

I'm not seeing it. In his 5 years as a head coach there, they have one above average offense. Now above average is selling that one offense short because it was 1st in PPG and 4th overall by FEI, but:

• It was the covid year
  • It was in 4 games against Eastern Michigan, Bowling Green, Akron, and Buffalo. 
  • I don't think any statistics stabilize after 4 games

2021 they were 30th in PPG, but FEI had them 60th - the MAC is not great right now. It's a big deal to hire a HC as your OC, and it's not like Kent State was going to fire him. But his resume is not that great as an OC or HC if you weigh the non-2020 years like I think you should.