Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Still room for improvement. 11th or 12th in the Pac anybody? :lol:

Not quite pick of the 5* litter we were sold :lol:

Colorado had the #58 class last year, no four-stars.  Jackson State was #75 with one five-star and one four-star.

Right now Colorado is at #47 with two four-stars that Deion gets credit for.  But that's not much to show for the hype.

Didn't get any more big names than he got a Jackson State last year.  Rhule got two four-stars (in a manner of speaking) in about the same time.

Sanders will do well in the portal.  And probably well in recruiting going forward.  But .... meh...

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2

I’m sure nobody will care if Deion wins, but him and his coaching staff also treated the guys who were committed when Deion got there very poorly. There was little to no contact from Deion’s staff, and this was after the AD said they would honor those commitments when their coach was fired months ago. I understand not wanting those kids as part of your class, but at least be professionals and reach out to the kids and let them know. Not very good karma if you ask me. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2

and if we're being honest here unfortunately Deion has managed to recruit more 3 and 4 stars than HCMR. I looked at how many recruits that had been committed to NE before the HCMR hiring and a good number of them were already committed. Where as in coach primes case a lot of the 3 and 4 stars committed after his hiring.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

Looks like some really solid transfers. They needed it. But prep recruiting looks really meh. Flipped a very good RB from ND. Took a couple projects. And then some meh in between.

Nothing to worry about. Maybe they’ll have a big January.

What will be interesting now is watching the decisions of Cormani McClain and Blake Purchase.

Purchase is the top ranked player in Colorado and verbal to Oregon.  Oregon flat out kicked a$$ today but I don't think Purchase signed.

If McClain ends up going CU both corners are 5* since Hunter has now committed.

It will also be interesting to see how Colorado fares on the field against USC before they join B1G.

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m sure nobody will care if Deion wins, but him and his coaching staff also treated the guys who were committed when Deion got there very poorly. There was little to no contact from Deion’s staff, and this was after the AD said they would honor those commitments when their coach was fired months ago. I understand not wanting those kids as part of your class, but at least be professionals and reach out to the kids and let them know. Not very good karma if you ask me. 

As scummy as this sounds I don't really have much of an issue with Deion not reaching out the previous regime of committed kids.  Would it have been a nice touch to call them all personally?  Yes.  

I have a far bigger issue with the AD telling all these kids that their commitments would be honored only to tuck tail when Deion came in and said it wasn't going to happen. It sounds like he was leaning on these kids pretty hard to stay committed to CU after the previous coach got fired.  That does not sit well with me at all.

• Plus1 4
Just now, Xmas32 said:

As scummy as this sounds I don't really have much of an issue with Deion not reaching out the previous regime of committed kids.  Would it have been a nice touch to call them all personally?  Yes.  

I have a far bigger issue with the AD telling all these kids that their commitments would be honored only to tuck tail when Deion came in and said it wasn't going to happen. It sounds like he was leaning on these kids pretty hard to stay committed to CU after the previous coach got fired.  That does not sit well with me at all.

I agree that the AD was the scummiest person throughout this time.  It didn't even need to be Deion personally, it could have been a staffer or someone else within the football offices/athletic department to reach back out to these kids.  Coaching transitions are never easy, but from the outside, the way Rhule, his staff, and the NU athletic departments handled the transition and how Deion, his staff, and CU handled things look to be completely opposite.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree that the AD was the scummiest person throughout this time.  It didn't even need to be Deion personally, it could have been a staffer or someone else within the football offices/athletic department to reach back out to these kids.  Coaching transitions are never easy, but from the outside, the way Rhule, his staff, and the NU athletic departments handled the transition and how Deion, his staff, and CU handled things look to be completely opposite.

From what I could tell from this article, someone from Deion's staff did reach out to the kids.  The timing was not great for the kids at all, a silver lining I suppose is the February signing period may allow these kids to sign with a higher profile program.

https://theathletic.com/4005958/2022/12/19/deion-sanders-colorado-commitments/

• Plus1 3