Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

36 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe because CU is nobody’s destination job? With the exception of McCartney (who parlayed it into something more by circling the Nebraska game in Red) it’s always been a temporary or stepping stone job. I don’t think too many expect Deion to still be there in 4-5 years.

But I didn’t ask you lol

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Rhule likely won't be at Nebraska in 4-5 years.  If he's successful, his resume history says he'll move on in that time frame.

Who pulled your f#&%ing chain?

We (not you) were discussing why Sanders likely wouldn’t still be at CU in 4-5 years. WTF does that have to do with your opinion on Rhule?

If you want to be a CU/Sanders fan that bad just do it, TheBuff.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Who pulled your f#&%ing chain?

We (not you) were discussing why Sanders likely wouldn’t still be at CU in 4-5 years. WTF does that have to do with your opinion on Rhule?

If you want to be a CU/Sanders fan that bad just do it, TheBuff.

Seems another chain is very easily pulled......

You've certainly given me your opinion when you were no part of the conversation.

Thanks for checking in.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

My question is; who do you think would be the better head coach, Bo Pelini or Deion Sanders?

I really like PeLLLLini the man, and he was a good coach with 4 non-conf games and playing crappy teams each year, such as ISU / Colo/KSU/Baylor/Minn/Illinois/Purdue/NW, etc... even OSU was awful one season, Wisconsin was horrible a few years, Penn State & Michigan played below average a few seasons.

But I liked him and the bottom line was that he couldn't take the team beyond a certain ceiling with certain circumstances (ridiculously easy schedule).  The pressure to win, the media, and also his NFL style to chew the clock with a lead the entire 4th quarter was super boring and exhausting.......just so they can beat an average team or whoever.... It felt like a 2 1/2 - 3 quarter game followed by a snooze fest.  Woo.  NFL style. 

I don't know if Sanders will lose 4 games each year throughout his 3 year contract, but he is taking over a super s#!tshow of a program for 15 years, with the exception of them having one or two good Pellllini years there.  I think they just finished 1-11 (and several years of 3-5 win years).  

What makes it exciting for football is to see what it will be like in year 2 and 3.  I think Colorado could pull out some wins next year, but I seen his son play QB and he floats a lot of soft passes that will get picked in a P5 conference.  He's not bad at all, but I think there will be growing pains here and there.

I guess to answer you question, I think Sanders will have CU becoming a top 25 team soon and will get 10-11 wins without playing 14 games to do so.  If I get fooled, then we all getting fooled.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
On 12/29/2022 at 12:10 PM, admo said:

I really like PeLLLLini the man, and he was a good coach with 4 non-conf games and playing crappy teams each year, such as ISU / Colo/KSU/Baylor/Minn/Illinois/Purdue/NW, etc... even OSU was awful one season, Wisconsin was horrible a few years, Penn State & Michigan played below average a few seasons.

But I liked him and the bottom line was that he couldn't take the team beyond a certain ceiling with certain circumstances (ridiculously easy schedule).  The pressure to win, the media, and also his NFL style to chew the clock with a lead the entire 4th quarter was super boring and exhausting.......just so they can beat an average team or whoever.... It felt like a 2 1/2 - 3 quarter game followed by a snooze fest.  Woo.  NFL style. 

I don't know if Sanders will lose 4 games each year throughout his 3 year contract, but he is taking over a super s#!tshow of a program for 15 years, with the exception of them having one or two good Pellllini years there.  I think they just finished 1-11 (and several years of 3-5 win years).  

What makes it exciting for football is to see what it will be like in year 2 and 3.  I think Colorado could pull out some wins next year, but I seen his son play QB and he floats a lot of soft passes that will get picked in a P5 conference.  He's not bad at all, but I think there will be growing pains here and there.

I guess to answer you question, I think Sanders will have CU becoming a top 25 team soon and will get 10-11 wins without playing 14 games to do so.  If I get fooled, then we all getting fooled.  

i couldn’t agree more. Watching this years roster come together and seeing how well they started 2024 recruiting it for sure might be year 3 where they start to produce something competitive. They needed about 50 new bodies just to have a quality practice. I like his son’s football instincts but I’m with you at this level it’s gotta be a different level of intensity. 

• 2 weeks later...

17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Oops.

He doesn't need the extra game anyway. He's the best coach ever. They'll probably win every game by 60 on their way to a 15-0 national championship. Unlike that chump Matt Rhule - he sucks. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
5 minutes ago, GSG said:

He doesn't need the extra game anyway. He's the best coach ever. They'll probably win every game by 60 on their way to a 15-0 national championship. Unlike that chump Matt Rhule - he sucks. 

I'm sure Georgia is so glad they won this year, because once Neon's teams at CU start playing, everyone else is just playing for second place.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1