Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Huskers now up to the #25 recruiting class in the country per Rivals.

Currently tied with .... *checks notes* .... Coach Prime.

Huskers are ahead on 247 but we won't bring that up.

Lol what about this man’s existence makes this fan base have to measure us against him constantly. It’s giving such an insecure energy. We sure don’t act like this towards any proven commodities 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Some Husker fans this batch is. Drooling over CU and their new coach at every opportunity. I’ve found something else that makes me wanna puke….three things actually.

f#&% CU.

f#&% Deion Sanders.

Sorry broseph I was born in 88. Don’t have a problem with CU or prime until game time. Sorry I can’t share your small mindedness cause even if they upgrade their program our goal is to be the best right? This must be the energy in the stadium the team feeds off when it’s time to battle adversity 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Sorry broseph I was born in 88. Don’t have a problem with CU or prime until game time. Sorry I can’t share your small mindedness cause even if they upgrade their program our goal is to be the best right? This must be the energy in the stadium the team feeds off when it’s time to battle adversity 

88.... that explains it.  Severely lacking in Husker/Buff history and experience.

Heck, for all I know I could have fathered you shortly following my years at UNL.

I'll try to be nicer since I now know you don't have all the required information.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
8 minutes ago, BigRigX said:

Nothing says "money wasn't a factor" like a Gucci shirt and personalized diamond bling.

I do actually believe them though, as the mom pointed out (in different words) any of the schools he was looking at would be willing to pay up. I doubt Colorado was offering more $, just a comparable offer and you get to play for an iconic DB. Could probably learn more public speaking skills from Deion than DB skills, but also he's 17/18 so I'll cut him some slack there.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

88.... that explains it.  Severely lacking in Husker/Buff history and experience.

Heck, for all I know I could have fathered you shortly following my years at UNL.

I'll try to be nicer since I now know you don't have all the required information.

Nah I don’t think that bitter white male energy would’ve got you too far this way lol

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, huskerfan702 said:

I know deep down you mean well, but I don't follow your logic.  

Just because you were not around when something was happening, it doesn't mean you cannot appreciate the historical events that occurred, when they happened, and see how much of an impact it has made over the years.

The Huskers vs Buffaloes rivalry is a real thing.  It goes way back.

I wasn't around during Jimi Hendrix.  But because of history, I am well aware the Jimi Hendrix experience was a real thing, and still is a real thing.  A thing of beauty.

Recorded between 1966-1970, it was released in 2000 so that all may experience who was re-inventing the sounds of the guitar.  You were not born, nor was I.  But it still existed then and appreciated now, because history shows us how real it was and is.

Another example.  You cannot say you were born in '88 so there for you have no idea and don't care.  If you heard of rock-n-roll, you better brush up your history to realize that Little Richard and Chuck Berry were the architects of RnR.  Just because you weren't around when they put a unique charge into music, creating the sound of rock-n-roll, it doesn't give you the naive thinking that it didn't exist.

And my last example.  Rap music was put into the forefront by Run DMC, LL Cool J, and the Beastie Boys.  Often, they have been considered as "hip hop" by this generation, but they were rappers at the time, and we all fell in love with rap because of them.  They created a trend with it, creating a hip-hop visual, sound and culture to go with the rapping.  Fortunately, I was around for this phenomenon and experienced it as it happened and grew.  I don't mind if they are referend to as hip-hop, but they will always be the pioneers of rapping, straight up.

I mean, just because it was before your time you cannot use that as a reason why don't know, and there for you don't care today. Thankfully to most of us, it worth knowing Pythagoras contributed to math, astronomy and music theories.  Because we care about history and increase our knowledge and appreciation for it.  

Nebraska vs Colorado was a thing, history tells us this, and the importance of the rivalry should not be brushed off or glossed over. It will always be a thing.  Show some respect.

How about that for some energy :)

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, admo said:

I know deep down you mean well, but I don't follow your logic.  

Just because you were not around when something was happening, it doesn't mean you cannot appreciate the historical events that occurred, when they happened, and see how much of an impact it has made over the years.

The Huskers vs Buffaloes rivalry is a real thing.  It goes way back.

I wasn't around during Jimi Hendrix.  But because of history, I am well aware the Jimi Hendrix experience was a real thing, and still is a real thing.  A thing of beauty.

Recorded between 1966-1970, it was released in 2000 so that all may experience who was re-inventing the sounds of the guitar.  You were not born, nor was I.  But it still existed then and appreciated now, because history shows us how real it was and is.

Another example.  You cannot say you were born in '88 so there for you have no idea and don't care.  If you heard of rock-n-roll, you better brush up your history to realize that Little Richard and Chuck Berry were the architects of RnR.  Just because you weren't around when they put a unique charge into music, creating the sound of rock-n-roll, it doesn't give you the naive thinking that it didn't exist.

And my last example.  Rap music was put into the forefront by Run DMC, LL Cool J, and the Beastie Boys.  Often, they have been considered as "hip hop" by this generation, but they were rappers at the time, and we all fell in love with rap because of them.  They created a trend with it, creating a hip-hop visual, sound and culture to go with the rapping.  Fortunately, I was around for this phenomenon and experienced it as it happened and grew.  I don't mind if they are referend to as hip-hop, but they will always be the pioneers of rapping, straight up.

I mean, just because it was before your time you cannot use that as a reason why don't know, and there for you don't care today. Thankfully to most of us, it worth knowing Pythagoras contributed to math, astronomy and music theories.  Because we care about history and increase our knowledge and appreciation for it.  

Nebraska vs Colorado was a thing, history tells us this, and the importance of the rivalry should not be brushed off or glossed over. It will always be a thing.  Show some respect.

How about that for some energy :)

That’s what’s logical to you and your perspective. Let’s take rap for an example my older brother thinks LL is the greatest of all time. IMO the music landscape had changed so to me I don’t understand his presence in a room other than how people react to him. So do I have the same reverence for him or do I understand what he has meant for other people? Yes I understand the rivalry but 2001 was the only real time experience where I felt anything near a real rivalry other than that I didn’t go through the battles I didn’t see there best days so it really doesn’t register. The “energy” you are missing is my experience is different than yours just I understand what it is doesn’t mean I have to adopt your feelings 

• Fire 1