Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

With all the players transferring out of Colorado, especially after their spring game one has to think it hurts the team overall chance to win.  Deion will try to go after all the so called good players in the transfer to guarantee them a spot on his team or promise them that they will get all these nil deals but he is forgetting these players need to learn the playbook and need time to gel with their teammates to win.  With more then half their roster leaving Deion will probably say they the kids were the bad apple and who needed them anyways bc of the one and eleven record last year.  I was wrong to think that we should have taking a chance on Deion bc of his actions in Colorado.  I thought he would get rid of some players but not more then half the team.  Maybe these players feel that Deion isn't worth the  headache that comes with playing for him.  I hope that these kids find teams that will not only bring out their skills but also help them grow into men bc clearly Deion didn't want to take a chance on them.

8 hours ago, Toe said:

Seems to me that Colorado's players are leaving because they want out ASAP, while Rhule is in a position to choose which guys he wants or not. (Or maybe we're just a little slower at processing portal requests. :dunno I know the NCAA sets a limit on how long schools can take to process portal requests.)

I am pretty sure there is a mix of Deion pushing some of these kids out the door and other kids leaving on their own.

Same thing will happen here.

• TBH 1
37 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

While this is probably going to hurt CU this year, it might actually be good for Deion long term as it will open up spots for him to recruit to. And right now recruiting is what he's best at, so he can generate more hype, which is something CU really needs.

It's just a lot of players to get up to speed at once. The purge after last season and bringing in a ton of transfers makes some sense as a strategy, capitalize on the buzz and bring in a lot of talent. Bringing in a lot of transfers after spring ball isn't ideal though - I like that we play them early because they're going to be behind most other teams as far as most of the roster having a comfort level with the schemes and everything. 

It will be interesting no matter what though, and that's worth something to them. It's a 1-11 team, so flipping the roster ASAP makes sense. But let's say this team goes 3-9 or 4-8 this year - what's the plan then? They need to find some big pieces yet to avoid that.

5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

It's just a lot of players to get up to speed at once. The purge after last season and bringing in a ton of transfers makes some sense as a strategy, capitalize on the buzz and bring in a lot of talent. Bringing in a lot of transfers after spring ball isn't ideal though - I like that we play them early because they're going to be behind most other teams as far as most of the roster having a comfort level with the schemes and everything. 

It will be interesting no matter what though, and that's worth something to them. It's a 1-11 team, so flipping the roster ASAP makes sense. But let's say this team goes 3-9 or 4-8 this year - what's the plan then? They need to find some big pieces yet to avoid that.

Like I said, it's probably going to be a rough year, but bringing in transfers this year can help next year. And 3-9 or 4-8 this season is still 3 or 4 times as many wins as last season. Even going winless isn't much worse.

• Plus1 1