Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

31 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Are films from practice something that coaches want and that most schools allow?

Seems like a weird whine to me but I have no idea.

I have seen guys who transfer from Nebraska post practice videos to show what they can do. If they haven’t played much in games, it probably makes sense. 

• TBH 1

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I have seen guys who transfer from Nebraska post practice videos to show what they can do. If they haven’t played much in games, it probably makes sense. 

Thanks. I’d just never heard of that being a thing before. If that’s the case, seems kind of dickish for CU not to allow it, especially when Deion basically ran these guys out.

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, Gage County said:

Why does it feel like no one saw this coming? Sanders has been crystal clear this was going to happen the minute he got on campus. 

There's going to be change...go ahead and jump in the portal

"I promise you, it's my job to get rid of them."

We might be critical of his methods, but none of this a surprise.

I saw it coming.  I predicted on here that he's either going to win an NC or be a complete disaster.

It appears it's trending towards the latter.  

As far as guys leaving, you still have to have enough in the fall to field a team.  

26 minutes ago, Gage County said:

How many more players do you think Colorado needs?

Well, how many do they have?  I speculated earlier that the number might be down to 69. Nobody really disputed that because nobody really knows. 

But, if that’s in the ballpark, it’s going to be pretty difficult for him to fill the roster by fall.

I don't think anyone's arguing that you can't turn a program around with the portal - Mel Tucker made $95 million based off of a great year in the portal. But I don't think you can find the ~35 contributors you need to be a solid team in one year. Deion can attract talent, but not all of it. And I get the argument that players on a 1-11 team probably aren't good, but I'm sure some of them can be contributors or develop into that.

A lot of this is overblown for sure, but they will be very thin this year. Maybe he goes and pulls an excellent backup QB from the portal and shores up some other positions, but does anyone believe this team wins more than 2-3 games if Shedeur gets hurt? If Travis Hunter goes down they lose their best offensive and defensive player. I'm definitely too quick to buy into the negativity because I want to believe it, but it's not like they're pulling the top 2-3 guys at every position in the portal.

• TBH 1