Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

29 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Anyone else getting a similar vibe to when Tommie Frazier became the coach at Doane and almost all the players left the team?

It's just amazing that players that just transferred there and spent one semester there for spring ball.....and are already transferring out again.  That, to me, is a sign of problems.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I've seen a few other people make that comparison too. Hopefully, Deion can help bring CU back from financial distress, but this could be a disaster.

The comparison link is in the Colorado game thread. 

It was SSO.  And as I pointed out there, SSO knows his stuff, but this comparison is a reach.

Sanders is tenfold the recruiter that Frazier was.  And Frazier didn't already have a rolodex of talented transfers like Sanders has.

If I heard correctly, Sanders got four incoming transfers yesterday including two on the DL.

The comparison to Frazier at Doane is a complete stretch.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, TheSker said:

The comparison link is in the Colorado game thread. 

It was SSO.  And as I pointed out there, SSO knows his stuff, but this comparison is a reach.

Sanders is tenfold the recruiter that Frazier was.  And Frazier didn't already have a rolodex of talented transfers like Sanders has.

If I heard correctly, Sanders got four incoming transfers yesterday including two on the DL.

The comparison to Frazier at Doane is a complete stretch.

Yeah because we can’t compare a bunch of players leaving Doane to a bunch of players leaving CU without dragging in the never intended comparison of the coaches. But that’s what we have Deion defenders on the board for.

• TBH 2
10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah because we can’t compare a bunch of players leaving Doane to a bunch of players leaving CU without dragging in the never intended comparison of the coaches. But that’s what we have Deion defenders on the board for.

That comparison is exactly what SSO intended.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

That comparison is exactly what SSO intended.

I don’t care for Deion (and care even less about CU) and I loved Tommie as our QB but nobody in their right mind would attempt to compare their recruiting and coaching abilities. Deion is at a different level than Tommie, as is Doane and CU. I took the “comparison” at face value simply based on huge numbers of players leaving. I suppose it depends on how a person wanted to take it.

• Plus1 2

23 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t care for Deion (and care even less about CU) and I loved Tommie as our QB but nobody in their right mind would attempt to compare their recruiting and coaching abilities. Deion is at a different level than Tommie, as is Doane and CU. I took the “comparison” at face value simply based on huge numbers of players leaving. I suppose it depends on how a person wanted to take it.

It was about the number of players leaving AND how to replace them.

My point is Sanders has an exponentially better chance of replacing then with better players and he has a small core group he brought from Jackson State to provide leadership.

SSO is predicting Sanders failure based on roo many players leaving and the inability to replace them.

My "face value" take is Sanders has the ability to replace them.

I'm a Frazier fan too.  Dropped in last summer at Big Red of the Rockies for photos and autograph session with him.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It was about the number of players leaving AND how to replace them.

My point is Sanders has an exponentially better chance of replacing then with better players and he has a small core group he brought from Jackson State to provide leadership.

SSO is predicting Sanders failure based on roo many players leaving and the inability to replace them.

My "face value" take is Sanders has the ability to replace them.

I'm a Frazier fan too.  Dropped in last summer at Big Red of the Rockies for photos and autograph session with him.

You seem to be going out of your way to fabricate reasonings that - at best - you don't know for sure and - at worst - are completely fabricated.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You seem to be going out of your way to fabricate reasonings that - at best - you don't know for sure and - at worst - are completely fabricated.

Regarding your highlight, safety Silmon-Craig said that was a reason he was asked to follow Sanders.  It's probably at least not too "fabricated" that you'd bring your starting quarterback son....among other top players from almost each position group.

But no, not fsbricated.

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Regarding your highlight, safety Silmon-Craig said that was a reason he was asked to follow Sanders.  It's probably at least not too "fabricated" that you'd bring your starting quarterback son....among other top players from almost each position group.

But no, not fsbricated.

Yeah, I'm sure they'd say that.  That definitely makes it true.

• Plus1 2