Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

14 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

So you can’t name a single player in conference? What it means is that Deion was good about recruiting highly ranked players when his competition is not as successful at attracting those players. Therefore with better talent (on paper), Deion was excellent at winning against less talented teams. 

I realize that you are trolling and that’s fine. Hopefully Deion does well, but he’s got quite a challenge ahead of him now that some of his peers will have better facilities and arguably equal talent.

"He's presenting facts and he's bruising my ego. Get this troll outta here"

Screenshot_20221205-203356_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hunnit said:

Now show the transfer portal rankings and the previous classes. Doing only the high school/JUCO transfers is only half the equation. Especially since the class you showed isn’t even on campus. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 4
5 minutes ago, hunnit said:

http://www.espn.com/-sports/football/recruiting/conference/_/class/2022/id/31

One of these teams is not like the others…. Again, maybe Deion may turn out to be a good coach. However, he will not enjoy the same talent gap he had while out recruiting his peers at Jackson State. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
29 minutes ago, hunnit said:

How is hoping 19-20 Rhule does good supporting the program?

Who made that argument? I certainly didn't.

I can want Rhule to fail harder than Frost and still watch every game which supports the program.

You couldn't have proved my point any better. This is perhaps the most cognitively dissonant thing I've read in awhile, and that's saying something.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
42 minutes ago, hunnit said:

What does this have to do with you or the other guy knowing zero about the SWAC conference but can say Deion won because of a talent gap? Look up the recruiting class and then report back.

fyi Travis hunter has only played the last 6 games. 

Why dont you go do that instead of just saying that they dont know? Is it maybe because its true and you are trying to change the argument. I looked through the ranking thoroughly for all coaching candidates as the search went. The only way to even find the other SWAC teams is to search outside of the website to find them. Outside of Jackson state they have never cracked the threshold to make it on to be found. 247 doesnt even have a SWAC tab. The teams in that conference mostly bring in kids that dont even get a page on the recruiting sites. 

Jasckson State's talent composite ranking this year is literally higher than the Big 12 Champion. JSU's roster ranking is 67 this year. The next closest in their conference is 128. 

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 3

35 minutes ago, hunnit said:

Naming players has literally zero to do with this conversation. Stop trying to deflect.

Where is the talent gap? 

Screenshot_20221205-203147_Chrome.jpg

Average commit rating in this pic shows 90.73. The only reason they were that low is they had half the amount of recruits than the schools near them in the rankings.

15 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Who made that argument? I certainly didn't.

You couldn't have proved my point any better. This is perhaps the most cognitively dissonant thing I've read in awhile, and that's saying something.

Couldn't agree more. And that's including The (Banned) Whale's comments. And I honestly think The Whale had more Husker positivity than hunnit, which is saying something.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
55 minutes ago, hunnit said:

How is hoping 19-20 Rhule does good supporting the program? You can't support the program with thoughts and prayers. 

I can want Rhule to fail harder than Frost and still watch every game which supports the program unlike the thoughts and prayers Rhule turns things around. 

So, you want Rhule to fail?

• Fire 3

@hunnit, I watch 2-3 of HBCU games a year.  I love Battle of the Bands, always had a soft spot for Grambling because of Eddie Robinson, my Dad was a fan of Pine Bluff due to some connection he had to a former player and got a hook up to fish the White River that not everyone got and loosely followed the team because of that and I have loosely followed them because of him.  And I can tell you for a fact, it's not good football.   While the rest of conference will have some average players, maybe one or two good ones, Deion had more talent than everyone else and it wasn't really that close.     From what I can see for that level, Deion was head and shoulders better at recruiting, and to be frank was the only one that actively tried for 4 and 5 kids, when others got one it was by default for other reasons.  He worked it, playing the pride card and was able to get great talent for that level.   His new staff will have to work on a different pitch.   Being able to say "I played for Deion" will only work for a year, maybe two.  After that it'll be about results on the field.   That 5* WR in 2025 will flip to a Georgia/Alabama/Oregon/Clemson in hot second when Deion struggles.   And odds say he won't be successful, he has a better chance to be a Dan Hawkins than a Saban.   Better chance to be Gary Barnett than he will to be Dabo.    And if he gets to Barnett levels he will get plucked away.  He either flames out within 3 years or gets poached in 4.  Either way, he won't have won anything of note for Buffs in his short tenure.   This job (and it would have been the same if Trev actively pursued him) is a stepping stone job to a limelight job.   That is, and always has been his goal, be the big fish in the big pond.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I truly think he will sell himself.  The are signing to be with him, not necessarily CU if that makes sense.  Dude is a salesman.  I do agree that the schools you mentioned are NFL factories, but they only have 87 Schollies.  I think he will get his fair share and then some.  USC/UCLA going to the B1G is a positive for him.  He can sell the vision of CU being the flag ship moving forward.  

I look at it a lot like NU. We still get some quality guys that were offered by other programs.  Why choose us ove some other places.  Same question there, but CU know has the the greatest show on earth for right now.  With his Social Media reach, especially in the P5, companies will be all over trying to get access to his pipeline.  Look at some of his social media stuff they do at J State.  Pretty slick stuff.  For example, his most recent meeting with the team has 2.3 million views in 24 hrs.....

I live in CUs backyard.  I did not expect  them to pull the Sanders hire off and I certainly didn't realize the impact it would have.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Decked said:

Now show the transfer portal rankings and the previous classes. Doing only the high school/JUCO transfers is only half the equation. Especially since the class you showed isn’t even on campus. 

Yeah the class I showed definitely isn't from 2022 and they're definitely not on campus. This year definitely isn't the first year of the transfer portal. :laughpound

Screenshot_20221206-005042_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

http://www.espn.com/-sports/football/recruiting/conference/_/class/2022/id/31

One of these teams is not like the others…. Again, maybe Deion may turn out to be a good coach. However, he will not enjoy the same talent gap he had while out recruiting his peers at Jackson State. 

Campbell out recruited JSU and still got beat that's why I posted that. I should've fed that one to you but I ran outta clean spoons. 

• Mavric changed the title to Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach