Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

4 hours ago, Enhance said:

Who made that argument? I certainly didn't.

You couldn't have proved my point any better. This is perhaps the most cognitively dissonant thing I've read in awhile, and that's saying something.

You certainly did. 

So the millions of people that tuned in to watch Floyd Mayweather lose every fight didn't support Floyd just because they wanted him to lose? Those people made him a billionaire that's supporting buddy. 

views=money=support

6 hours ago, hunnit said:

Campbell out recruited JSU and still got beat that's why I posted that. I should've fed that one to you but I ran outta clean spoons. 

You’re obviously trolling and that’s fine if that’s how you get your jollies off. Wanting the program to do well while the coach sucks is like hoping your new car works great while the engine breaks down. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, hunnit said:

Yeah the class I showed definitely isn't from 2022 and they're definitely not on campus. This year definitely isn't the first year of the transfer portal. :laughpound

Screenshot_20221206-005042_Chrome.jpg

You seem quite incompetent. Now go check out the portal guys they have coming in and compare that to the rest of their conference. It’s directly under the class. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

• Mavric changed the title to Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach
10 hours ago, hunnit said:

You certainly did. 

So the millions of people that tuned in to watch Floyd Mayweather lose every fight didn't support Floyd just because they wanted him to lose? Those people made him a billionaire that's supporting buddy. 

views=money=support

If you can't see the cognitive dissonance in wanting a coach to fail while still 'supporting the team by watching them,' then I can't help you. You're effectively claiming to be their friend while stabbing them in the back.

Regardless, you're done with this conversation in this thread. So is everyone else. We're not going to debate Rhule's chances of success or swoon over Deion Sanders in this thread. This thread is about coaching news/changes, and the direction you've taken it goes beyond the intended scope, so we're going to break it out separately. You're welcome to contribute in there.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
14 hours ago, hunnit said:

Naming players has literally zero to do with this conversation. Stop trying to deflect.

Where is the talent gap? 

Screenshot_20221205-203147_Chrome.jpg

Might want to look at the year before this...  JSU was 58 in the country, ahead of Colorado, while Grambling and Sam Houston were in the 150's.  

Talent. Gap. 

Maybe he can coach.  We just don't know yet.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

If you're in the middle on this, like I am, the only thing funnier than watching Husker fans fellate Deion Sanders is watching other Husker fans s#!t their pants at the mere thought of him coming to Lincoln.

If the decision was up to me I would have gone the Trev route, too. Rhule and Fickle probably the top choices, Deion not in serious consideration. 

But if my top choices turn me down and I'm looking at a pool of Campbell and O'Brien and Leipold and Mickey Joseph and even Lane Kiffin, I'm suddenly thinking Deion Sanders brings a better chance of change and hope. No great coach succeeded at the D1 level until he did.

As noted in an earlier post, 75% of the hottest coaching hires in the 2014 and 2018 cycle that got us Riley and Frost are no longer head coaches. Nobody knows how any coach is going to do until the games are played. If you listen to the folks who follow college football closely, Deion Sanders has earned the consideration, probably over-hyped but in no way a foolish choice. 

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you're in the middle on this, like I am, the only thing funnier than watching Husker fans fellate Deion Sanders is watching other Husker fans s#!t their pants at the mere thought of him coming to Lincoln.

If the decision was up to me I would have gone the Trev route, too. Rhule and Fickle probably the top choices, Deion not in serious consideration. 

But if my top choices turn me down and I'm looking at a pool of Campbell and O'Brien and Leipold and Mickey Joseph and even Lane Kiffin, I'm suddenly thinking Deion Sanders brings a better chance of change and hope. No great coach succeeded at the D1 level until he did.

As noted in an earlier post, 75% of the hottest coaching hires in the 2014 and 2018 cycle that got us Riley and Frost are no longer head coaches. Nobody knows how any coach is going to do until the games are played. If you listen to the folks who follow college football closely, Deion Sanders has earned the consideration, probably over-hyped but in no way a foolish choice. 

It's interesting being right underneath it now that the Sanders hire has happened.

Discussions on this board for a long time have been about the need for strong recruiters, developers and an experienced, qualified assistant coaching staff.

If I didn't live in Colorado it might be different but watching both new staff situations simultaneously is interesting.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, hunnit said:

You certainly did. 

views=money=support

You write some pretty tortured posts, hunnit. Definitely pulled a hamstring on this one. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, Enhance said:

If you can't see the cognitive dissonance in wanting a coach to fail while still 'supporting the team by watching them,' then I can't help you. You're effectively claiming to be their friend while stabbing them in the back.

Regardless, you're done with this conversation in this thread. So is everyone else. We're not going to debate Rhule's chances of success or swoon over Deion Sanders in this thread. This thread is about coaching news/changes, and the direction you've taken it goes beyond the intended scope, so we're going to break it out separately. You're welcome to contribute in there.

If you can't understand that hopes and prayers ain't supporting a program I don't know what to tell you.