Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The knock on Deion was that he didn't have any power 5 coaching experience. If he brings in Taggart as is rumored, that will be three former power five head coaches on staff, plus a DC who has worked most recently under Saban, Jeremy Pruitt, Jimbo Fisher, and Paul Johnson. If someone knew this was the quality of staff Dieon was going to bring in- I think we'd be punching Trev in the face for not pursuing him. 

That's an awful lot of people who are used to being "the boss" working for a guy who has less experience and more ego than they do.  Should work out well...

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

33 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I guess Brewster's visit to Nebraska's top recruit isn't really specific to Nebraska.

.....or the common portal offers.

31 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

How about for you JJ i just say your right until your not and then we can take it from there.  

I just really don’t see how it is worth wringing hands over. Yes, Prime is going pull in some good recruits. Yes, a few of them may be guys we were also interested in. But if things end up so rosy for CU, I think it impacts Nebraska much less than quite a few other teams that typically pull in more 4* and 5* players than Nebraska usually does. Furthermore, if Prime is really all that, it shouldn’t be much of a geographic issue. Supposedly he’s going to be pulling all sorts of top recruits and portal players from all over the country.  I’d say that would have a neglible impact specific to Nebraska.

No, the problem is, some people want to b!^@h and worry and act like Nebraska screwed the pooch by not going after Prime. IMO his presence in D1 ball, at CU, in the PAC will likely affect a whole bunch of teams further up the food chain than where Nebraska is. Hence why I’m not specifically worried about his impact on Nebraska.

• Plus1 6
  • TBH 2
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I just really don’t see how it is worth wringing hands over. Yes, Prime is going pull in some good recruits. Yes, a few of them may be guys we were also interested in. But if things end up so rosy for CU, I think it impacts Nebraska much less than quite a few other teams that typically pull in more 4* and 5* players than Nebraska usually does. Furthermore, if Prime is really all that, it shouldn’t be much of a geographic issue. Supposedly he’s going to be pulling all sorts of top recruits and portal players from all over the country.  I’d say that would have a neglible impact specific to Nebraska.

No, the problem is, some people want to b!^@h and worry and act like Nebraska screwed the pooch by not going after Prime. IMO his presence in D1 ball, at CU, in the PAC will likely affect a whole bunch of teams further up the food chain than where Nebraska is. Hence why I’m not specifically worried about his impact on Nebraska.

I think the problem is also that you think that anyone who is concerned about what prime can do is automatically thinking we made the wrong hire.  Because alot of us aren't.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I didn't figure Alberts would even interview Sanders.  I also didn't think Sanders would end up at a bordering State.

And yes Sanders may go after just a "few" of our receuits.....but it'll be the highest rated ones.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, I am I said:

Coach Prime putting his staff together 

“Kelly has been at Alabama for the past four seasons. He was the defensive coordinator at Florida State under Jimbo Fisher from 2014-17 and spent one season at Tennessee in 2018 as special teams coordinator and safeties coach before going to Alabama”

got a Saban dude.  Can’t say nothin but Prime attracts talent, potentially. 

But all coaches just hire their buddies . . .

35 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I think the problem is also that you think that anyone who is concerned about what prime can do is automatically thinking we made the wrong hire.  Because alot of us aren't.

That is likely. But it doesn’t help my interpretation when I ask what problem you foresee and the answer is a car wreck. I’ve explained why I don’t think it’s a particular problem for Nebraska. Maybe we just disagree?

I’m curious if people realize CU has a limit on their scholly numbers just like everyone else.  Do we really think somebody with an ego like Sanders is overly concerned about CU’s geographic location. I really don’t see him wrecking our recruiting.

• Plus1 4