Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

8 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Do you realize how much this is going to suck playing two coaches that were highly regarded in being Nebraskas next head coach.  I hope to god Rhule is 4-0 when getting to that michigan game.  Otherwise a whole lot of doubt is going to be placed on rhules head.

Given how bad Frost drove this program into the ground, it's going to take time before we see results.  I fully expect us to only win a few games again in 2023 due to the number of new players and coaches we will have in the program.  Rhule has shown that Year 3 is when we should really start to see improvements in the win column, so I intend to give him some time to work this out.  This doesn't mean I won't be critical in some games, but at the macro level he deserves time.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
9 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Do you realize how much this is going to suck playing two coaches that were highly regarded in being Nebraskas next head coach.  I hope to god Rhule is 4-0 when getting to that michigan game.  Otherwise a whole lot of doubt is going to be placed on rhules head.

So your telling me that no where in ANY ones thought process if you lose to first time Power 5 1st year Head Coach Dieon Sanders and first time Power 5 1st year Head Coach Luke Fickell all in the same year, there will be no doubt in anyones mind.  Im sorry guys ive been here a while and that is not how Nebraska fans work.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

So your telling me that no where in ANY ones thought process if you lose to first time Power 5 1st year Head Coach Dieon Sanders and first time Power 5 1st year Head Coach Luke Fickell all in the same year, there will be no doubt in anyones mind.  Im sorry guys ive been here a while and that is not how Nebraska fans work.

Of course there will be some doubt in some people's minds, and that's fine.  I am about the long-term progress, not freaking out about the first 2 games of Rhule's tenure at NU after inheriting a dumpster fire.  I am done worrying about other fans' concerns.

Also, did you just quote yourself?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
9 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

I certainly wouldn’t bet against him, especially if he’s able to assemble a major staff.

But there’s still some questions surrounding if he can coach at this level. Seems like a good fit as Colorado is desperate and can’t go anywhere but up. I imagine at the very least, he will recruit like crazy there. Already trying to flip a 5 star WR committed to Ohio State.

I think Rhule was the better choice for what we needed though. Excited for that matchup.

That's true about Deion Sanders but Matt Rhule has those same questions for a guy getting payed 9.25 million dollars. He has had success at building programs but can he have sustainable success if or when he gets there? Nebraska is on a much bigger scale then Colorado.  I also think that if we would have gotten a well established college coach that yes kids would leave but I don't think they would leave at the rate they are. Nebraska still isnt done having kids leave. That's the thing that SF talked about all the time the so called right kids for Nebraska. Im not sitting here blaming any kid for making their own personal choice to leave. All Im saying is if you love Nebraska and what they have to offer with a new start why leave? New coach, new staff your benefiting yourself with more knowledge to stay and a fresh start bc you know every position is up for grabs.

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

No because if you think Rhule is turning this mess around in one season you are crazy.

• TBH 4
7 minutes ago, runningblind said:

They always will be.  Husker fans are insane and drive up prices.  I live 45 minutes from the stadium in Boulder and am not even considering going.

I live 30 minutes from Boulder.  I was able to get 7 tickets for the 2019 game, and they weren't scalpers prices.  It helped that I had a hookup from a CU season ticket holder who was able to buy 4 for me, and then I was able to buy 3 more through the CU ticket office, as I had bought tickets through CU a long time ago.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I live 30 minutes from Boulder.  I was able to 7 tickets for the 2019 game, and they weren't scalpers prices.  It helped that I had a hookup from a CU season ticket holder who was able to buy 4 for me, and then I was able to buy 3 more through the CU ticket office, as I had bought tickets through CU a long time ago.

That scenariois quite different think from the majority, and especially than my experience last time unfortunately.  Good for you though. :lol: 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Of course there will be some doubt in some people's minds, and that's fine.  I am about the long-term progress, not freaking out about the first 2 games of Rhule's tenure at NU after inheriting a dumpster fire.  I am done worrying about other fans' concerns.

Also, did you just quote yourself?

I did because i got 6 laughing emojis out of my post which made me thing some of you thought that was a ridiculous take.  Didnt take the time to delete when i started the post.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's true about Deion Sanders but Matt Rhule has those same questions for a guy getting payed 9.25 million dollars. He has had success at building programs but can he have sustainable success if or when he gets there? Nebraska is on a much bigger scale then Colorado.  I also think that if we would have gotten a well established college coach that yes kids would leave but I don't think they would leave at the rate they are. Nebraska still isnt done having kids leave. That's the thing that SF talked about all the time the so called right kids for Nebraska. Im not sitting here blaming any kid for making their own personal choice to leave. All Im saying is if you love Nebraska and what they have to offer with a new start why leave? New coach, new staff your benefiting yourself with more knowledge to stay and a fresh start bc you know every position is up for grabs.

I understand your point but keep in mind that not all attrition is bad attrition, and in fact some/most might be good. This offseason and into spring camp will be uncomfortable for a lot of players as there’s a lot of bad habits that need broken. I would assume most of the names we hear are players whose hearts aren’t in it for one reason or another, and we need to purge that from the roster.

This might be a rough rebuilding year. Or we might be able to get enough playmakers from the transfer portal for a relatively quick turnaround. Either way, I’m willing to trust Rhule and the staff he builds.

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Not Colorado lmao. They can't go anywhere but up with the hiring of Deion Sanders.

This is a great hire by Colorado.  They struggle with attendance and are about to solve that problem.

I live 30 minutes from Boulder and by no means a CU fan....but smart move by CU.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
16 minutes ago, Decked said:

Remains to be seen if he is actually a good coach. The SWAC would get beat up by top d2 teams. He had so much more talent than the rest of their conference. And they won’t play anyone outside of them. 

That's his formula for success is to have more talent then the rest of the teams they will play. Anyone think that Colorado gets any players from Jackson State to follow Deion????

• Mavric changed the title to Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach