What did we learn? Michigan edition.

TGHusker

5 minutes ago, lo country said:

That's why naming coach ASAP is imperative to keep what we have.  Although, my opinion on both has significantly decreased as we have played "tougher" opponents.  

Vandy just beat UK.  Rushed for 225 yards....hahahahahahahaha.....And here we are.

I would really like if our new coach tries to retain Mickey Joseph is some capacity and work hard to keep Palmer and Grant from entering the transfer portal. They are good players if the right coach comes and helps them develop their skills. We do not have much talent and we need to keep whatever talent we have.

Learned that it was definitely NOT Adrian Martinez and this will not be the year to break the "no bowl streak". It is clear that the culture is horrible and the new coach will have his hands full. Get ready to write a HUGE check for the next coach. Joseph is not getting a fair shake, as he is working with a team that seems to be OK with losing. I hope that the next coach turns it around!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, runningblind said:

I learned people STILL are getting upset about results this season. Stop having expectations for 2022! Do yourself a favor.

When I have watched games in the past, I would clap or yell (for good and bad) and my dog doesn't like the loud noises and she hides up in my bedroom.  Today's game went exactly as I expected, and my dog stayed sleeping on the couch next to me for the entire game.  There was no use having any emotion watching today's game, and maybe even any of the 2 remaining games.

• Plus1 2

It struck me that the last 3 weeks we have played very uninspired passionless football. The games are boring, there are no schemes trying to even win the games. 

I believe MJ was told he has a job after he got a couple of those wins. He was instructed to keep it together. That is the way he has coached. No way he is head coach but he knows who it is. I believe it is someone still coaching and thus cannot be revealed yet.

Team will go through a complete rebuild and needs to. 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, lo country said:

This team needs a complete rebuild

Yep.  Need a big name/big accomplishment guy - someone who knows how to build from the ground up.  It seems like the fan based  has been left  at the altar as while the groom Frost runs off with all of the wedding gifts, the bank accounts and his secret lover (booze or whatever that was more important than actually coaching).  

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why does everyone freak out about guys potentially transferring away from Nebraska?  There is no one on this team who isn't replaceable.

Yep, I’m starting to agree with this. We can’t get wrapped up in the players on the roster right now. Some will make it and some will not. We need to have a laser focus on improving the roster with talent and depth. Sure I like certain players but none of them are off the charts difference makers. Palmer had a flashy game in a shootout game but has not done much since then. Grant has looked pedestrian against good B1G teams. Nelson should be better by now and is a good player but not a great difference maker. We need to go to the next level and get a coach who can get us there. 

• Plus1 1

If we lose some players to the portal, we won't  be missing much.  Palmer, Grant, or whomever.  Palmer underperforms game in and game out.  Palmer is a tuxedo player.  Makes the spectacular, but can not make the 5 or 8 yard plays that this team really needs to keep things going.

Yes, the next coach will have his hands full.  Sure, Mickey had a stacked deck against him, but is, was he really an actual candidate?  Michigan today could do what ever they wanted.  They toyed with us the whole game.  Throwing bombs down field and then just running Corum twice for a first down.........we are not a good football team.  We lack talent so obviously when we play the best of the best in conference.  We are so consumed with Iowa, MInny, and or Wisky talent, thinking we match them on paper, but we are miles away from elite Big 10.  I am not sure who can fix this mess right now.  Honestly, this will take a few years for a good coach to straighten out.  A good coach, not a first timer or whatever.  This is going to be a man-up coaching hire.  Whomever will have to check their manhood and roll up there sleeves and get to work.  Thank you Harbaugh for running the ball, burning 6 minutes plus on most possessions or this could have been a beating.

• Plus1 1

Mickey isn’t ready (unfortunately, I love the fire, recruiting prowess and attitude), Blake Corum is pretty good, we are wasting Tre Palmer, our o-line stinks, Hartzog & Haussmann are future leaders on the defense and Whipple needs to retire (I appreciate him for taking a chance on, but psychically he looks worse and worse each week.)

11 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Yep, I’m starting to agree with this. We can’t get wrapped up in the players on the roster right now. Some will make it and some will not. We need to have a laser focus on improving the roster with talent and depth. Sure I like certain players but none of them are off the charts difference makers. Palmer had a flashy game in a shootout game but has not done much since then. Grant has looked pedestrian against good B1G teams. Nelson should be better by now and is a good player but not a great difference maker. We need to go to the next level and get a coach who can get us there. 

Don't forget Mathis on the D.  A big let down in comparison to the hype we all heard pre-season.