When does Nebraska name a permanent head coach?

After this terrible game against Michigan does Nebraska name a head coach this week or soon? I ask bc this program has looked dead in the water all season and the fans could use some positivity to move forward.  I understand if TA has his coach picked already and he is still coaching a team not being named but what if their is a coach that isnt coaching? Does it benefit Nebraska to wait?

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not sure why you are expecting anything different.  There is a slight chance something gets announced the week of the Iowa game, but I doubt it.

If there is one thing that I can assure you, it is that, when it comes to this program, I no longer have any expectations.  I'm just so miserable about it tonight I would prefer an announcement in order to stem the misery.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Husker03 said:

If there is one thing that I can assure you, it is that, when it comes to this program, I no longer have any expectations.  I'm just so miserable about it tonight I would prefer an announcement in order to stem the misery.  

Fair enough.  But, if it's a guy who is currently coaching a team, nothing will be announced until that coach's regular season is over.  If it's a coach who isn't coaching, maybe Trev would prefer to let the rest of the season play out under Mickey as interim head coach.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Husker03 said:

It pains me to see that this team is defeated before they even play the game. What I mean by that is I don't think the coaches are even trying to put the players in the best position to win. Its almost like we are playing just to play. Horrible playing calling, horrible offense and defense. You can see and feel the kids are dejected. The fans are right there with them. I hope that if Nebraska has a coach in place that isn't coaching please don't wait to name one after Iowa. 

7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

It pains me to see that this team is defeated before they even play the game. What I mean by that is I don't think the coaches are even trying to put the players in the best position to win. Its almost like we are playing just to play. Horrible playing calling, horrible offense and defense. You can see and feel the kids are dejected. The fans are right there with them. I hope that if Nebraska has a coach in place that isn't coaching please don't wait to name one after Iowa. 

Ehh, not so much. The coaches and players both want to win. Problem is wanting to win is only the entry fee. Frost left nothing, and I mean nothing, that could be worked with. MJ didn’t stand a chance. No OC had a chance with this OL. It starts in the trenches and we haven’t begun to start.

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If it's a coach who isn't coaching, maybe Trev would prefer to let the rest of the season play out under Mickey as interim head coach.

I understand you I just don't understand why Trev would prefer to wait. Is it bc he is trying to be so called good to MJ? This team isn't going to a bowl game so why wait? I just would like your perspective not arguing against your point just trying to understand how waiting to name a coach at the end of the season helps the team.

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand you I just don't understand why Trev would prefer to wait. Is it bc he is trying to be so called good to MJ? This team isn't going to a bowl game so why wait? I just would like your perspective not arguing against your point just trying to understand how waiting to name a coach at the end of the season helps the team.

I just think Trev is not wanting a new head coach being named to be a distraction with games still left to be played.  I know the games aren't meaning much anyway, but they still matter to the players and the coaches.  As a former player, Trev is thinking that he just wants the players to worry about playing the best they can the last 2 games, and worry about next year when the season is officially over.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Ehh, not so much. The coaches and players both want to win. Problem is wanting to win is only the entry fee. Frost left nothing, and I mean nothing, that could be worked with. MJ didn’t stand a chance. No OC had a chance with this OL. It starts in the trenches and we haven’t begun to start.

True but no toss passes to the back, no screen passes to the back. Not much slant passes. Trick plays anything to relieve pressure off the o-line. When your o-line is bad and you still try to pass but you need the play to develop first doesn't work not right now or call a run play and try to run smash mouth football its a struggle. Those are the simple things that I question. Nothing is going to change from a week to week basis on performance if you keep trying to do the same things or the game planning for the week is bad.