When does Nebraska name a permanent head coach?

Auburn is also the fourth best team in the division. They are a lesser tier SEC school in a conference full of dogs. Nebraska has the best resources in the west and that division is f#&%ing awful. That’s why Illinois is doing so well. It is begging to be plucked. An aging iowa staff, leaky Wisconsin, & no longer magical NW. Purdue is not that good either. Illinois is the new guy. But with a good coach they could kill it. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Just now, Decked said:

Auburn is also the fourth best team in the division. They are a lesser tier SEC school in a conference full of dogs. Nebraska has the best resources in the west and that conf is f#&%ing awful. That’s why Illinois is doing so well. It is begging to be plucked. An aging iowa staff, leaky Wisconsin, & no longer magical NW. Purdue is not that good either. Illinois is the new guy. But with a good coach they could kill it. 

Thanks Decked. I didn't really go into detail as to why certain people including myself feel like Nebraska is the best job out there compared to Auburn. If fans could understand it that would be great instead of seeing Nebraska as a dumpster fire. Even though the team is bad and the season has been terrible that doesn't mean Nebraska doesn't have alot to offer. Just look at the bigger picture.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Thanks Decked. I didn't really go into detail as to why certain people including myself feel like Nebraska is the best job out there compared to Auburn. If fans could understand it that would be great instead of seeing Nebraska as a dumpster fire. Even though the team is bad and the season has been terrible that doesn't mean Nebraska doesn't have alot to offer. Just look at the bigger picture.

I think it depends. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder kind of thing. A staff full of recruiters can win anywhere. A coach that just wants to coach won’t have to go as far to get his guys at Auburn. A coaching looking to get to a title has an easier path in Lincoln but will have a tough road to beat OSU/UM. Probably depends on where your ties are for both former jobs & recruiting familiarity. Both programs have ups and downs for sure. Not sure it’s just so cut and dry on who is better or worse. 

1 minute ago, Decked said:

I think it depends. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder kind of thing. A staff full of recruiters can win anywhere. A coach that just wants to coach won’t have to go as far to get his guys at Auburn. A coaching looking to get to a title has an easier path in Lincoln but will have a tough road to beat OSU/UM. Probably depends on where your ties are for both former jobs & recruiting familiarity. Both programs have ups and downs for sure. Not sure it’s just so cut and dry on who is better or worse. 

Although I agree with most of what is said, the big picture also shows we have been a turnstile with coaches and become very impatient. Our boosters are slightly better than Auburn, but not as much as some would like to believe. SEC still rules college football and is more attractive to recruits and coaches.

13 minutes ago, HANC said:

Although I agree with most of what is said, the big picture also shows we have been a turnstile with coaches and become very impatient. Our boosters are slightly better than Auburn, but not as much as some would like to believe. SEC still rules college football and is more attractive to recruits and coaches.

Yet both schools sit here looking to make the next hire 

I look at the announcement like I do at Husker football over the years.  Spring game was vanilla.  "We don't want togive away the new O".  Non-Conference games vanilla.  "We are saving it for the Conference games".  Conference games.  "Saving it for Ohio St/Wisky/Iowa". Nope. It's we just were average to horrific.  Now with the coaching search.  "We are waiting because the guy is still coaching"  or "We are waiting until the end of the season because they might be in the post seasons".  I've been burned so much, I am preparing for a WTH hire.  Par for the course with NU now.

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Auburn is also the fourth best team in the division. They are a lesser tier SEC school in a conference full of dogs. Nebraska has the best resources in the west and that division is f#&%ing awful. That’s why Illinois is doing so well. It is begging to be plucked. An aging iowa staff, leaky Wisconsin, & no longer magical NW. Purdue is not that good either. Illinois is the new guy. But with a good coach they could kill it. 

I heard that when the divisions change in 24 its going to be much harder to get a playoff spot.  I think we did benefit or could of for a easier scheduel these past few years.  How is this going to match up with us in the future for the 3 big teams now in the east division.

21 minutes ago, lo country said:

I look at the announcement like I do at Husker football over the years.  Spring game was vanilla.  "We don't want togive away the new O".  Non-Conference games vanilla.  "We are saving it for the Conference games".  Conference games.  "Saving it for Ohio St/Wisky/Iowa". Nope. It's we just were average to horrific.  Now with the coaching search.  "We are waiting because the guy is still coaching"  or "We are waiting until the end of the season because they might be in the post seasons".  I've been burned so much, I am preparing for a WTH hire.  Par for the course with NU now.

Craig Bohl!!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, HANC said:

Not a good take considering how patient we just were with Scott Frost…

• TBH 1

Some see it as dumpster fire to coach this team. Any coach who gets an offer is going to see $ and a fan base w no expectations (we have expectations but the bar is so low we practically don’t have them anymore). The we’re not interesting to potential coaching candidates i don’t agree with. Bama was a great program, became irrelevant. A nick saban later

5 minutes ago, HANC said:

Good take when you consider 5 HC in 20 years 

Plus when SF was hired everyone was saying the program was in the worst shape ever and it was a 4-5 yr turn around type of project. A lot wanted him gone at yr 4, the BARE minimum of what a turn around should take. Not overly patient when you look at it from a turn around standpoint. He basically got the minimum and only bc his name was SF.