When does Nebraska name a permanent head coach?

17 minutes ago, HANC said:

Plus when SF was hired everyone was saying the program was in the worst shape ever and it was a 4-5 yr turn around type of project. A lot wanted him gone at yr 4, the BARE minimum of what a turn around should take. Not overly patient when you look at it from a turn around standpoint. He basically got the minimum and only bc his name was SF.

I think you would need to be improving every year not getting worse for it to remotely resemble a “turn around”.

19 minutes ago, HANC said:

Plus when SF was hired everyone was saying the program was in the worst shape ever and it was a 4-5 yr turn around type of project. A lot wanted him gone at yr 4, the BARE minimum of what a turn around should take. Not overly patient when you look at it from a turn around standpoint. He basically got the minimum and only bc his name was SF.

We could have given Fraud 10 years and it'd be the same crap.  We have gotten worse each year under him.  No depth.  no development.  No good.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I think you would need to be improving every year not getting worse for it to remotely resemble a “turn around”.

I don’t disagree with you, but it isn’t like we gave him too much time. He tried to flip the roster, was playing teams close, just missing wins and1 of his 4 seasons was covid. I just don’t call that being overly patient. I am not saying he should not have been fired, bc he absolutely should have been… but this is NOT a patient fan base

6 minutes ago, HANC said:

I don’t disagree with you, but it isn’t like we gave him too much time. He tried to flip the roster, was playing teams close, just missing wins and1 of his 4 seasons was covid. I just don’t call that being overly patient. I am not saying he should not have been fired, bc he absolutely should have been… but this is NOT a patient fan base

There was an incredible amount of data that showed a coach who had 3 (maybe 4) losing seasons would never have a winning one.  Schiano and Cutcliffe were the only 2.  As well as the mathematical impossibility of losing that many 1 score games.  He got too much time IMHO.  No improvement unless we count the increase in moral victories.  not trying to be an a$$, but I can't believe people are still in his corner.  Dude took NU for $15 million for ruining the program.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, HANC said:

Interesting.  I seem to remember him as the splash hire who just won a nAtIoNaL cHaMpIoNsHiP at UCF and he was going to turn us around quickly as well.  It wasn't until he totally botched the trasition year and that the "5-year rebuild" narrative started.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

There was an incredible amount of data that showed a coach who had 3 (maybe 4) losing seasons would never have a winning one.  Schiano and Cutcliffe were the only 2.  As well as the mathematical impossibility of losing that many 1 score games.  He got too much time IMHO.  No improvement unless we count the increase in moral victories.  not trying to be an a$$, but I can't believe people are still in his corner.  Dude took NU for $15 million for ruining the program.

What Scott Frost did to this program was criminal. He used his giant unsubstantiated ego to lead the program based on vibes.

Scott Frost needs to write a check to Nebraska for every penny he stole while coaching this program into the ground. Then he needs to write a personalized apology letter to every fan that had the misfortune of watching his team attempt to play football. And that should be just the start. 

The complete ineptitude under Frost was catastrophic, and the fans that support him is why we didn't fire him sooner less the fan base be divided.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
7 minutes ago, lo country said:

I am not in his corner in anyway shape or form, was just countering the fact that we are a patient fan base, bc that just isn’t true. If the new guy isn’t going bowling by year two, some will be saying we hired wrong guy. Fact.. Frost needed to go.. especially once the inside stories that the public did not know started to surface

Just now, HANC said:

I am not in his corner in anyway shape or form, was just countering the fact that we are a patient fan base, bc that just isn’t true. If the new guy isn’t going bowling by year two, some will be saying we hired wrong guy. Fact.. Frost needed to go.. especially once the inside stories that the public did not know started to surface

Thanks.  IMHO, I think we were more than patient with Frost, BUT to your point, I agree with you about our patience.  I think his lack of success and inside issues, will make it harder for the next coach.  I do not think this fan base will give the next coach 5 years to get worse.  I think, at least for me, I am looking for improvement each year in the only category that matters. W vs L.  I could care less if in year 2 we are losing by less and getting closer....

I know a HC is important, but the past few hires we have been hindered by less that "qualified" assistant coaches/coordinators.  Hoping we empty the coffers and vet them as much as the HC.

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Thanks.  IMHO, I think we were more than patient with Frost, BUT to your point, I agree with you about our patience.  I think his lack of success and inside issues, will make it harder for the next coach.  I do not think this fan base will give the next coach 5 years to get worse.  I think, at least for me, I am looking for improvement each year in the only category that matters. W vs L.  I could care less if in year 2 we are losing by less and getting closer....

I know a HC is important, but the past few hires we have been hindered by less that "qualified" assistant coaches/coordinators.  Hoping we empty the coffers and vet them as much as the HC.

In today's age of college football that is the only way to get well established position coaches is money.  Nebraska shouldn't ever be a first time job for a position coach.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If TA doesn't name a head coach after the Iowa game would that mean we are only screwing ourselves all over again? What I mean is if TA doesn't have a coach lined up in place that isnt a coach that is coaching right now or he decides to wait longer then expected are we in trouble with building this team up for the off season with recruits and coaches? 

Stop worrying about what Alberts is doing.

Once Kiffin decides what he's going to do things will roll quickly.

Kiffin has all the leverage right now....he's in no hurry.

10 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Stop worrying about what Alberts is doing.

Once Kiffin decides what he's going to do things will roll quickly.

Kiffin has all the leverage right now....he's in no hurry.

How do you figure that all the focus is on Kiffin as the lead guy? You absolutely have to pay attention to what Trev is going to do. You have no clue who the leading candidate is or even who is a candidate bc we have no evidence on who is.

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

How do you figure that all the focus is on Kiffin as the lead guy? You absolutely have to pay attention to what Trev is going to do. You have no clue who the leading candidate is or even who is a candidate bc we have no evidence on who is.

Kiffin is Auburn's lead guy, but Kiffin is an expert at leverage.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Kiffin is Auburn's lead guy, but Kiffin is an expert at leverage.

So that has nothing to do with Nebraska if we didn't even talk to him. I don't think our whole coaching search has been focused on just one guy but I could be wrong.  I think that TA has talked to alot of coaches just hope he names one soon this week to get started with putting together a great coaching staff. I hope Bryan Applewhite gets a look to stay on the staff. Ajay Allen and Anthony Grant were so underwhelming bc of our line play.  Yes I know Allen got hurt.