When does Nebraska name a permanent head coach?

7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So that has nothing to do with Nebraska if we didn't even talk to him. I don't think our whole coaching search has been focused on just one guy but I could be wrong.  I think that TA has talked to alot of coaches just hope he names one soon this week to get started with putting together a great coaching staff. I hope Bryan Applewhite gets a look to stay on the staff. Ajay Allen and Anthony Grant were so underwhelming bc of our line play.  Yes I know Allen got hurt.

I think the idea of Kiffin being the first domino is if Rhule thinks Auburn could poach Franklin in which case Rhule would pick Penn State over us. 

8 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I think the idea of Kiffin being the first domino is if Rhule thinks Auburn could poach Franklin in which case Rhule would pick Penn State over us. 

Also market contract value.

Stoops got moved up to $8.6 mil.  What is Auburn going to shell out?  And obviously to whom?

Is $8 mil going to get it done for Nebraska?  $9 mil?

We just gave a guy $7 Million to gtfo 2 weeks early. $9M a year isn't a problem if that's what top of market value for the guy is. And if we're not hiring a guy worth top of the market value that's a much bigger issue anyway. Trev doesn't exactly seem too concerned or stressed though. I don't have any inside info on this but I am getting the sense that this has been decided for a couple weeks now. Either way I expect we get an announcement on Nov 26th. Probably right around halftime of the Big Noon game on Fox so it gets a big pop right there and plenty of play during all the games the rest of the day.

Actually, once the Iowa game is over, this, the longest season in Husker history, which actually flew by it seems like, is finally over.  It is officially the end of the Frost age not to be distinguished from the last ice age.   

And since there really isn’t any urgent need for a new HC, Trev will announce the layoffs of the nonessential staff, being careful stewards of the fiscal resources that he is, savings millions. And since we won’t be recruiting any more, relying on player acquisition via the portal auctions,  the new ‘HR’ department will be running ads all over the media world.  $$$$ talks.  Players listen.  Coaches - well, not so much.  

Trev is looking into just continuing to rent HCs until the market stabilizes.   

• Haha 1