New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

25 minutes ago, jager said:

If Bo would have gotten a real DC, he would probably still be here(maybe). People might have put up with his anger issues if he had performed better on D.

Pretty ironic that the coach know for D loses because of his D.  In Frost's case - the coach known for his O, loses in large part due to an underperforming O. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

42 minutes ago, jager said:

If Bo would have gotten a real DC, he would probably still be here(maybe). People might have put up with his anger issues if he had performed better on D.

Well, there would have been just as many krazy kuotes of his making the sports pages, and just as many blue-hair's letters fired off to the AD.  So, he might have still been forced out.  I just think he's got a great D oriented attitude toward football and could have done very well here if he stayed in that position and worked for/with a good HC.

• Plus1 2

Not saying he's going to taken a low salary because he won't.  But it's pretty easy to think that we may be able to hire Rhule for a few million less because of his buyout from the Panthers.  That's a few million a year that you can spend on coordinators.  I would bet we will pay Mickey $800k+ to stick around (if he wants to). It would probably take north of $1 million to get a guy like Elijah Robinson here.  Bottom line there are some advantages to hiring Rhule right now and extra cash to assemble a dream team staff would be a big one.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, jager said:

I think Carl leaving also hurt (and Sanders).  Carl seemed to be the Yin to Bo's Yang.  Except for when he snatched the camera dude after the A&M game:D

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, admo said:

Hey to break the news, but if Aranda becomes Nebraska head coach, OC Jeff Grimes becomes the next Baylor HC.  And that is for sure 100% fact.  

Hey, hate to break the news but in case you missed it, me putting Santino Panico as the ST coach should've been a dead giveaway.

YARN | You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. | The ...

• Haha 4