New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

4 minutes ago, Farms said:

A poster on another board claimed that Rhule has already met with Glen Thomas, current OC at Arizona State. 

As for the above article about Busch, I really think he deserves/needs to be retained almost as much as Mickey. Our special teams have done s complete 180 under Busch. Also I would think they’d keep one guy for in state recruiting and he would be great for that as well. 

I just don't get why you don't keep him as ST coordinator.  The guy is good.  He's made huge improvements since being here and he loves the Huskers.  He's already here.  

So, a new coach is going to come in and then try to go out and find a good ST coordinator to come here and hope he's as good as Busch.

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I just don't get why you don't keep him as ST coordinator.  The guy is good.  He's made huge improvements since being here and he loves the Huskers.  He's already here.  

So, a new coach is going to come in and then try to go out and find a good ST coordinator to come here and hope he's as good as Busch.

Or a new coach who comes in has a strong relationship with a ST coordinator he has worked with in the past, and is confident he's as good as Busch.  It's ok to let the new coach name his own staff.

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly. I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t retained, it seems like a no-brainer.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Or a new coach who comes in has a strong relationship with a ST coordinator he has worked with in the past, and is confident he's as good as Busch.  It's ok to let the new coach name his own staff.

I didn't say anything about dictating to the new coach who his staff needs to be.  It should be up to him.  My question was about, why would a new coach not retain Busch.

You give one possible reason. But, I hope that guy is good, because he already has one in house that is good.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Tell Busch that NU has to return a punt to be considered for the position. 

• Oh Yeah! 2

If Matt Rhule, these are some of the names that have been speculated upon.  :koolaid2:

DC Geoff Collins OR *Phil Snow (Video below) :throwdabones1:

OC Pep Hamilton

D LIne  Elijah Robinson

DB  Fran Brown

LB ?

OL ? 

ST ?

S&C ?

??? WR/Passing Game Coordinator Mickey Joseph  :thumbs

??? RB Bryan Applewhite 

??? TE Sean Beckton 

On 11/18/2022 at 1:51 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Nebraska is one of (and has been for a while) one of the worst football teams in the NCAA in special teams.  ST doesn't need a coach - it needs to be nuked from orbit.