New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

1 minute ago, man eating mastodon said:

Where are you hearing this?

@sho has mentioned this a few times on this board the past couple of days, and I listened to 3+ hours of coverage yesterday on 1620 the Zone and another 2 hours this morning with Mike'l Severe.  They just don't have a good feeling of Mickey wanting to stick around.  That could be because 1) he didn't get the full-time head coaching job at NU, so it may be weird for him to go back to an assistant coach role at the same school, and 2) Mickey (along with Busch) may not want to work with Rhule, due to how Rhule fired Joe Brady at Carolina (Brady, Mickey, and Busch all coached together at LSU).

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

@sho has mentioned this a few times on this board the past couple of days, and I listened to 3+ hours of coverage yesterday on 1620 the Zone and another 2 hours this morning with Mike'l Severe.  They just don't have a good feeling of Mickey wanting to stick around.  That could be because 1) he didn't get the full-time head coaching job at NU, so it may be weird for him to go back to an assistant coach role at the same school, and 2) Mickey (along with Busch) may not want to work with Rhule, due to how Rhule fired Joe Brady at Carolina (Brady, Mickey, and Busch all coached together at LSU).

I will believe it when i see it, these are the same guys who said fickell was in play.

• Plus1 3

20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If they don’t want to Coach at Nebraska because he fired a friend then they really don’t want to coach here it’s part of the business. I guarantee if money is right they’ll be here.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

How so?  If Fickel would go to Wisconsin he could probably be sold on Nebraska.  If Fickel is going to beat Rhule on a regular basis theres no reason for either to be around.  Winning the west is fairly easy, if you cant do it move on 

The West is only going to be around 1 more year. That’s not going to be the baseline for success for NU, Wisconsin, and Iowa going forward. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

How so?  If Fickel would go to Wisconsin he could probably be sold on Nebraska.  If Fickel is going to beat Rhule on a regular basis theres no reason for either to be around.  Winning the west is fairly easy, if you cant do it move on 

1. If Fickel's results turn out to be better, doesn't mean Trev should be fired (even if Rhule does't work out).

2. Why even "worry" about this? Its one thing to pose a discussion. Quite the other to gaslight.

3. The West means nothing after next season.

• Plus1 2

Just now, Bigred_inSD said:

Apparently everyone knew the west was going away outside of me.  

Getting to a title game is that much further away for Nebraska with that.

I still think a lot will be mentioned going forward with Rhule\Fickell  comparisons.  

I haven't heard anything official, but I question the future of conference championship games after the expansion of the CFP to 12 teams.  I think the week after Thanksgiving would be better used for the first round of the CFP at on-campus sites.

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

I will believe it when i see it, these are the same guys who said fickell was in play.

Well Fickell went to Wisconsin happened immediately after Nebraska announced their choice so maybe he was wanting on a decision. Looked like Lane Kiffin also wanted the Nebraska job