New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Phil Snow has been Rhule's DC everywhere he's been.  So that would most likely be his first choice.  But he is still Carolina's DC and their season isn't over for another month.  So that could be a hold-up.

Snow was actually let go after Rhule in Carolina. He was quoted at Temple saying that was going to be his last job and Rhule kept him going. This seems to be it for him. 

Could see Collins or in a full circle moment with the guy who gave him his chance, Al Golden. 

5 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Snow was actually let go after Rhule in Carolina. He was quoted at Temple saying that was going to be his last job and Rhule kept him going. This seems to be it for him. 

Could see Collins or in a full circle moment with the guy who gave him his chance, Al Golden. 

Al Golden is currently the defensive coordinator at Norte Dame just my personal feeling is he isn't going anywhere.

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Former Georgia Tech HC Geoff Collins thrown out as a possible DC.  Was at Western Carolina with Rhule.  Was the DC at FIU (2010), Mississippi State (2011-2014) and Florida (2015-2016) before succeeding Rhule as Temple HC and then going to Georgia Tech.

I know nothing about this guy. Would this be considered a decent get?

Imo we need somebody with SEC or B1G experience. These two leagues are not like the others. Chins found that out the hard way, as did Bo, as did the buffoons in between.

8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I know nothing about this guy. Would this be considered a decent get?

Imo we need somebody with SEC or B1G experience. These two leagues are not like the others. Chins found that out the hard way, as did Bo, as did the buffoons in between.

I don't know much about Collins either, but Mississippi State DC and Florida DC = pretty good SEC experience. 

11 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

Rhule and Collins are good friends as well fwiw. 

Some more info I can find on Collins. I am still hoping we at least give Leonard a call, but not sure that will happen. 

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Snow turns 67 in a few weeks.  Maybe I’m scarred from Whipple, but I’ll take the younger Collins.

Collins had the #8 and #5 total defenses his 2 years at Florida.

I heard a rumor if Snow comes he may be an analyst similar to PAtterson at Texas. 

• Plus1 2